Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - and I could cry power [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
an emptiness began to grow
there's something out there, far from my home
a longing that i've never known
The streets were alive with gossip.

Normally, she wasn't the sort to take part in gossip, but this was different, this was important. A new lead was coming into their reign, a meeting to be called. Caelum was silent, in the courtyard before anyone else, silently setting out tea, refreshments, small note cards that listed each type next to the dishes, carefully selected for this event: Lemongrass-Spearmint, Chamomile Honey, Lavender Green Tea, and a Rose Petal, Hibiscus and Orange Peel. All designed to calm, soothe, help everyone relax. Small treats like apple fritters, Berry macarons. And chocolate covered fruit sat out, and each card had her store's signature in the corner, a pair of iridescent wings behind the glossy text that read 'The Faerie Garden Emporium'. The service was on the house. But if it helped accidentally bring service to her new shop, all the better. 

Of course, that didn't mean she wanted to be next to the refreshments...

Caelum had begun to move towards where she could get a good view to see others, the reactions, although as more began to crowd in, the fae felt herself grow more weary of the numerous individuals in closing in, and she launched herself into the air, leaving a small circle of wild flowers that had burst up through the courtyard's flooring behind. Hovering above, she allowed her mind to relax and instead focused on what her new lead was saying.

Israfel,  hmm? 

She tilted her head, and noted the way her gaze moved over everyone. Perhaps it was the fact she was so close with Luvena that allowed her to notice the lingering glance, and she momentarily wondered if this was Lu's 'her'. She remained quiet, as the mare stopped speaking, hesitating, waiting for anyone else to speak, to make their voices heard, before she finally acted. "You mention how our Court is perceived by the others , what is your plan of action to address the relations we have with our fellow kingdoms in Novus?" Her voice was strong over the crowd, regal but calm. It felt odd to ask, and for a moment she could almost imagine herself back in that sunny room, fae surrounding an oak circular table, asking her father a similar question when there had been squirmishes breaking out at the south where their Court had been bordering another's territory.

She shook the memory away, focusing on the here and now.

"Our Court has fallen into silence, we are a proud people, we Denoctians; but you even acknowledge that this state our Court is in, it is not normal for us either. What do you intend to do, to have our Court flourishing once more? What, pray tell, is your end goal in the resurrection of the energy and life of Denocte?" Israfel had spoken pretty words yes, has asked for others to step forward, but Cael wanted a broader picture, she wanted to know what was really happening.

The fae was never the sort to balk about getting her answers.

She might be speaking to the new sovereign of Night Court, but Caelum had been raised, groomed, to be a queen of her own people before her kingdom had gone to ruin. She had been her people's princess, she still was considered the Light of Summer in those small groups of fae hiding in other lands. But Denocte was her home now, her passion and pride. Her friends where her, her home and shop was here. Here she had found a type of peace, and some days it didn't hurt her to be alive, some days she felt alive.

She wanted to know for certain this new sovereign saw Denocte like this too.

So the mare approached, landing on the ground, hooves light, head held high, as she broke from the crowd, approaching Isra directly, "Denocte is more than my home, this land has been my salvation." She stated calmly, as if that would explain her questions. Perhaps if Isra spoke from the heart of this land being one to give second chances, it would explain it. "So, you must forgive me for my desire to know what to expect in the coming months, what the future of Denocte may hold, with you at the helm." Her voice softened, her eyes lightened, though the small pink flowers blooming from her mane, shedding petals to flutter around the fairy pointed to her apprehension for what future Isra may imagine.

She didn't appear the Tyrant type, to lie to gain allies.

But Caelum knew the deception that fell from golden tongues, "My name is Caelum, a medic of Denocte. A supplier of medicines, tonics and healing wares for our other medics to use on the patients they see. Healing is in my blood, in my magic. And this Court has been hurting, aching for a true, a proper ruler to pick up the crown and bring us back to life . . . Will you be that queen?" She asked simply, eyes staring at Isra with a calmness that came from facing down others before, a steadiness. A rock solid demeanor her delicate frame wouldn't hint at. She allowed herself a moment, looking the new queen up and down, seeming to judge her even before the queen could answer.

"Perhaps, I believe; you will be."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Israfel
Notes: Caelum loves Denocte, forgive her for being protective when her other homes have fallen from corrupt individuals finding the power to prey after titles <3 I promise she is has high hopes for Isra's abilities, she just needs reassured that Isra will do what ever it takes to make Denocte alive again.

oh, there's an empty place in my bones
that calls out for something unknown
the fame and praise come year after year
does nothing for these empty tears
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 11:35 AM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Caelum - 09-03-2021, 12:32 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Gareth - 09-03-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Runaveig - 09-04-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Kamdrick - 09-04-2021, 02:50 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Luvena - 09-05-2021, 12:00 PM