Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - and I could cry power [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kiwi [PM] Posts: 2 — Threads: 0
Signos: 235
Night Court Peddler
Female [she/hers]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Nerezza had not been a member of the Night Court for very long. In fact she could not ever remember ever having seen the sovereign's face, let alone heard much about him other than simple gossip. She had arrived in the dead of night some moons ago and set up a small dingy shop to sell odds and ends she found on her travels. It wasn't much, and that's exactly as she wanted it. The last thing Nerezza needed was unwanted attention from anyone lest it somehow get back to her home kingdom that she was in fact-- alive. As far as they were all concerned she was a monster. Not that she'd ever done a single thing to any of them. Simply being born with magic in a land where it was unheard of. Yet here magic flowed freely and openly. It was not hidden behind closed doors and whispered about in the darkness. She could see the magic all around her. 

Nerezza didn't feel like she was home, but she at least felt like she was safe. Perhaps it was the lack of an acting leader for so long; after all hers had done nothing but try to hunt her down. Exterminate her. She lingered on the outskirts of the meeting, remaining in the shadows of the structure. Nerezza watched Israfel, flinching slightly at the presence of the phoenix and remembering her own avian companion. She did not remember the bird with fondness however and was pleased he had not followed her all the way to Novus. At least not yet. A simple respite, but a respite all the same.

The words meant nothing to Nerezza. She was new to this land and even if she hadn't they seemed empty. She could feel for the people around her who wanted a better life, but she found herself distrustful of the actual words that fell from lady of the flame's lips. The woman was bold, Nerezza had to commend that at least. Despite her height, Nerezza did everything she could to appear small. Anything that would allow her to move quietly and remain unnoticed.

She flinched when Caelum stepped forward. Pegasi were not unheard of, even from where Nerezza was from. After all her mother had been one. But a pegasus that looked like a dragon fly? This was new for her and it terrified her. She took a few hesitant steps back before realizing she backed straight into another horse. Blue eyes widened slightly as she mumbled an apology and attempted to slink past them back into the shadows. 

Everything felt too bright. Too fresh. Too new.

And Nerezza was darkness.

Messages In This Thread
and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 11:35 AM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Caelum - 09-03-2021, 12:32 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Gareth - 09-03-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Runaveig - 09-04-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Kamdrick - 09-04-2021, 02:50 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Luvena - 09-05-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Nerezza - 09-07-2021, 12:29 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Cicatrix - 09-07-2021, 10:26 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Boleyn - 09-11-2021, 07:18 PM
RE: and I could cry power [Meeting] - by Vikander - 09-12-2021, 11:55 AM