Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'll face down the world with you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

She let a small laugh escape her. “I’m not really much of a coffee drinker” she replied. She had figured that out years ago. The boost of energy she’d felt had been fantastic.  It would have been better if her body could have kept up with that feeling. Her ears flicked forward. The more Israfel spoke the more anticipation she felt. “Okay…”

Realization washed over her quickly. He didn’t show up. She knew what that meant, when a challenge went unanswered. “You’re the queen.” It was a simple statement, but one that had disappointment washing over her. Not because she was the queen now. No. That was a good thing, it was, she was glad of it. But she had hoped, so much of her had hoped…

It had been a foolish thought. That Israfel had come here to tell her she felt the same way. That they could be something more. That during the storm she too had pressed up against her just to know, just to feel  something more. Oh and how badly Luvena had longed for that, how hard she had let herself hope for it. She could feel her heart snapping in two… what a stupid thought indeed…

But then Israfel kept talking. Her ears flicked forwards. The more she went on, the faster her heart started to race.Nothing in her words was indicative. But something about them, the tone behind them.  And then it came, her own words from before echoed back at her “Because you’re here’.  Israfel stepped closer.  

She could feel her pulse quicken, her heart expanding. The other mare stood so close she could see every gold etching in the woman's horn. Vermillion met turquoise as Luvena matched her gaze, stare full of longing, and yearning.  Was this what it was really like? To feel something.  

With Obyana she had thought she’d known. He was haughty, and fiery. And yet when it came to their moments he was gentle. She remembered how he would run his muzzle down her back. For a long time, she had remembered it, and felt foolish. Now… now she looked back and could remember. Remember how sometimes she would catch a glimpse of disgust on his face when she lay clammy by the fireplace. How he would never be in her company when she’d visit the outskirts. 

With Cavalier she had been certain. So certain she’d spent a wish to bear her child. She had been gentle, and kind, and Luvena had wanted to stay by her side. But how much of that want had been for her, and how much had been for the idea of her? And in the end had it been worth it? To settle for a while, and then to be left, down a child and a friend, in a land she didn’t even want to call home. 

And Rhone… well. Now she knew, none of that had been love. That had been desire, just to feel something again. Trying to push back the numb that had taken hold of her for so long.

This. this. Gods above she had never been so certain of anything in her life. She would swear it Acrux’s face that this was real. Even if Israfel stood here aflame she thought. She would still want this more than she had ever wanted before. 

She took a step forward, and pressed her nose to Israfel’s before she had a chance to think about it, before she could back down out of it. “Isra?” she murmured. “I think…” she glanced up, without pulling away, meeting those vermillion eyes again. Hoping that her gaze would convey what she knew her words never could.

@Israfel
"Speech." | @'Name'

?

Messages In This Thread
I'll face down the world with you - by Israfel - 09-03-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: I'll face down the world with you - by Luvena - 09-03-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: I'll face down the world with you - by Luvena - 09-03-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: I'll face down the world with you - by Luvena - 09-03-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: I'll face down the world with you - by Luvena - 09-04-2021, 12:50 PM