Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Don't put me on display

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
you don't own me, i'm not one of your many toys
you don't own me, don't say i can't go with other boys
The little fae felt herself humming with energy.

Good, bad, in between. She wasn't sure. But when the summons had come, she also knew she couldn't ignore it. Would this be because of her words at that meeting? Perhaps this was a reaction to Caelum's digging for answers. Was it obvious the upbringing she had? Should she have dumbed down her questions? Was Israfel about to threaten her to keep her from challenging her, herself? Surely not, anyone you asked would state Caelum was a medic, not a leader. A healer, not a queen . . .

Ironically, they were both right or wrong.

The fae queen shifted as she looked around her bedroom in the back of the tea-shop. Her gaze reflected in the mirror she'd willingly paid a pretty penny for - vanity had always been important to the fae, and she was no exception when in private. She stared herself down, stood herself taller and took a deep breath. She was Caelum . . . No, she was more than that. She was Caelum Bella Knoxx, last surviving member of the Royal House of Knoxx, ruling family of the Florumian Court of Fae. The Light of Summer, the Blessed Flower of Primulan City. Her Majesty, the reigning Queen of the Florumian Court Fae. Damn it, she wasn't going to be scared! She wasn't going to be nervous. She would meet this summons with the grace of a reigning queen meeting the sovereign of another land.

Israfel just wouldn't be aware of her standing.

Unless Lu had told her. No, Luverna was her friend, her best friend. Her salvation and safety net in this land. She had to pray Lu would also continue to keep her identity a secret, just as she kept quiet of Lu's past, where Lu came from. Besides, Lu might be crushing on the new queen, but; at least where Caelum was aware; that was the extent of that . . . maybe if this meeting goes well, she can play a little matchmaker there, herself. Either way, she just hoped this meeting would be a smooth one.

Smoother than her current heartrate at least.

And so the fae took to the air, a trail of faerie dust left in her wake, as she flew out of her home, unintentionally healing the small bits of damage to the hardwood floors as her magic acted on its own. She continued out the door, and through the land to where the Night Court's Sovereign would be found. Hopefully Isra would understand she was travelling from the Lake, not the markets, or directly in the center of the court like many others of Denocte.

Caelum liked her privacy.

She landed in the courtyard, before making her way to where the note had told her to have her audience with the queen. She approached with her head held high, once more traveling by flight, rather than walking, partially to keep any flowers from blooming where she walked (a trouble now that she'd come into her magic, her proper fae-hood), but also for the comfort it provided her to be in the air, "Queen Israfel, Sovereign of Denocte." She greeted formally, allowing herself a slight bow, even if her own upbringing refused to let herself bow too deeply to the new ruler of Denocte, "You sent me a summons, I apologize for my tardiness, it's still a distance to cover between Vitreus Lake, and the Court proper. Might I enquire what this summons is about?" The runaway queen asked, ears flicking, expression calm, neutral, the face she'd learned to wear long ago within a court setting, the one that kept her emotions and feelings hidden.

She just could shake those lessons.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Israfel
Notes: hehehe here ya go :) Figured they could have a chit chat proper. I did NOT include any knowledge that she might be aware of Lu and Isra courting, she is only aware enough to know that Isra is the mare that caught Lu's attention, and that based on Isra's pause on Lu, suspects the attention may be returned.

and don't tell me what to do, and don't tell me what to say
and please when I go out with you, don't put me on display
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Don't put me on display - by Caelum - 09-04-2021, 06:38 PM
RE: Don't put me on display - by Israfel - 09-05-2021, 10:12 AM
RE: Don't put me on display - by Caelum - 09-05-2021, 11:10 AM