Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - If tomorrow was too late

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
if today was your last day, 
and tomorrow was too late
could you say 'goodbye' to yesterday?
would you live each moment like your last?
The mare was curious.

Hard not to be when you don't know much about who comes upon you. Her ears pitched, finned edges flicking briefly. But she was happy to respond to his concern, assuring she wouldn't drown do to the gills. His gentle smile was a relief, no judgment, no skepticism on if she was dangerous or not. She dipped her head, accepting the apology even if her face showed her opinion that he didn't need one, as she glanced back towards the sea. "The view is rather lovely, breathtaking at times. Though, I think it can be just a little prettier beneath those waves." She admitted, eyes closing as the wind kicked up, spraying the faintest of droplets towards them.

The touch of the saltwater was like a palm.

This was a quiet she enjoyed. Her gaze danced back towards the stallion again when he agreed to the quiet of Terrastella, and her breath left in a soft sigh, "I agree, it's terrifying how . . . .listless it has become. I am equally concerned with what may have happened to Rhone. I haven't seen him in a short while . . . He even stopped showing up to our training sessions," She paused here, before adding for clarification, "He was teaching me some proper land based attacks. I'm fairly decent in keeping myself safe in the water, but am like a fish out of water when fighting on land." She frowned, uncertain, concerned even, "I haven't seen him in a while, however." She admitted.

She sighed quietly, concerned still.

"I just hope nothing seriously wrong had happened. Not to Terrastella, and not to Rhone either." She tilted her head when the other spoke and her ears perked curiously, even as she laughed, "I should certainly hope he's only joking. And I wouldn't say forgettable, I'm just terrible with recognizing others, particularly putting names to faces. I think it has more to do with how much I travel, and how many from other Courts I meet too, though." She admitted with a shrug. The look he had on his face when he mentioned his stallion was warming to Bel's heart however. Do I look like that when I think of or mention Sol?

He introduced himself as Liam.

She laughed, and dipped her head in acknowledgement, "You likely have. I tend to pop up all over the place. But it is lovely to meet you as well." The silence stretched again, waves crashing, both relaxing before she asked what brought him up here. She could understand that. Escape the odd stillness of the court. But she paused, her gaze watching the waves, "I suppose in part the same reason as you. The silence is suffocating in the Court right now. This silence is relaxing . . . It's . . . been helpful to let me think on some things . . ." Even as she said it, her muzzle twisted into a confused frown, uncertain in her emotions as those words from Sol surged to the forefront of her mind.

Coming up with an answer for him.

She sighed quietly, shrugging, "I guess, when I need a place to really think things through, I come here. It's a little easier to think beneath the waves, but . . . up here is nice too."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Liam
Notes:: <3 I love Liam

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
If tomorrow was too late - by Below Zero - 09-04-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: If tomorrow was too late - by Liam - 09-06-2021, 10:19 PM
RE: If tomorrow was too late - by Below Zero - 09-06-2021, 10:35 PM
RE: If tomorrow was too late - by Liam - 09-09-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: If tomorrow was too late - by Below Zero - 09-09-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: If tomorrow was too late - by Liam - 09-26-2021, 05:35 PM