Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - it's free real estate

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
dancing in the moonlight
everybody's feeling warm and bright
it's such a fine and natural sight
everybody's dancing in the moonlight
A sense of awkward shyness had fallen over Bel.

It was hard not to experience it where Sol was concerned, where their relationship was going. Worse, she could almost taste her new friend (for they were friends now, Bel had already decided)'s amusement. It may have been a simple question, but the emotions regarding the stallion were anything but simple. Then the other mare laughed, and Bel turned towards her before smiling quietly, relaxing slightly, "Yes. Yes, he is . . . very important to me." She admitted gently, "It's alright . . . I just . . . . there's been a lot of . . . changes in that relationship lately. I'm still not sure where all we are standing." His soft words, the gentle but sincere 'I love you,' repeated in her heard, the way he watched over her and Jiri, the casual use of 'my girls' when referring to her, and his daughter. Like they were a unit like they were a group, a solid unit . . . a pod of three.

It was special, it was hers.

But she just couldn't say those three words back. And that was perhaps one of the hardest parts. She was stuck in limbo with her feelings. More than friends, not more enough to say the words back, "I'm sorry, I'm probably just confusing you as much as I've confused myself." She admitted with an awkward laugh, "Don't worry too much about prying though, I'm a fairly open book when it comes down to it all." She admitted, with a shrug, "I just can't guarantee if I'll have an answer to every question." She added with a laugh.

Relationships could be hard.

She allowed the topic to dissolve, instead noting the way Persephone watched her bonded, and she laughed warmly, "I promise, she's all crackle and no bite. She's probably more skeptical of you than you are of her. She's been having a hard time adjusting to being on a new planet." She added, with a slight smile. "How she managed to open the portal that connects our two planets, I have no idea . . . but she was in quite the state when I found her. She's slowly adjusting to the new climates, but . . . our home planet is vastly different to this one. The first time she tried some of the fish here she made such a fact, begging for us to reopen the portal to let some of her favorite types of fish through." She explained, looking up to the sky.

The other spoke, and Bel looked towards her.

Her gaze softened, gentle, "We all hope for answers, answers to both the hard and easy questions. Some wonder where they're going, others where they have been. But if you let those questions consume you, you'll just become trapped in a whirlpool of your own design, spinning and spinning with no way out. Don't be afraid to look for answers, but make sure it doesn't consume you either. Sometimes, when the answers aren't given, it's because you're being led to something else even better. And it can be a lot easier to go with the current to paradise, than fight it back to the shark's mouth." The Treader told her gently.

Her smile was reassuring, a desire to help the other.

"Well, if you ever need help distracting yourself, or looking through the answers to figure out what they mean, I'm always willing to help." She nuzzled her bonded, hugging Yuki to her as the serpent chirped with delight at the affection, "After all, Yuki did the same for me, so perhaps I should pay it forward with another." Sure, Yuki was better at helping her, being from the same planet her people had come from, but that didn't mean that she couldn't help her new friend too.

Even if it was just as someone to help her distract herself from unknowns.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Persephone
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
it's free real estate - by Persephone - 09-04-2021, 11:37 PM
RE: it's free real estate - by Below Zero - 09-05-2021, 12:06 AM
RE: it's free real estate - by Persephone - 09-05-2021, 12:30 AM
RE: it's free real estate - by Below Zero - 09-05-2021, 12:45 AM
RE: it's free real estate - by Persephone - 09-05-2021, 01:13 AM
RE: it's free real estate - by Below Zero - 09-05-2021, 11:30 AM