Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Obsessed with the thought of you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
it was my heart, it was my life, it was my start, it was your knife
this strife, it dies, this life and these lies
and these lungs have sung this song for too long
and it's true, i hurt to remember i loved you
The mare stared quietly ahead.

The waves crashed so gently into the cliff base, and even from this distance she could taste the salt in her mouth, the feel of the wind carrying ocean water to her hide, and she closed her eyes, peaceful . . . but missing, something was missing. For so long she had felt that missing piece was her pod. Her sister, Shard, her father, the others . . . But, but she had Pol back, could see her sister whenever she wanted. And Shard felt more like a distant thought, a former part of her past that she had outgrown. Yet that feeling remained.

Empty. Alone. Missing.

Like the sun had set, and her world was colder for it. She knew now why it felt that way. She'd seen it that day, in those caves. Felt it when her forehead had pressed to his. When he'd smiled so softly to her, so caring. The way his golden gaze lingered, caressing her skin, warming her to the core with the sense of belonging. She glanced to where Yukime held a letter, before she nodded, nervous, wondering if he would be disappointed as she sent Yukime to deliver it. He wanted a yes, those three words returned to him.

She couldn't give him that.

She wasn't there yet. But . . . that didn't mean she couldn't give him something else. She watched her bonded scamper off, awkwardness for a creature of ice and water making their way on land. She knew it was cruel to make her carry the letter through land, so she'd sealed it, and as soon as Yuki was close enough, she dived into the water, she took off to find the flaming stallion. Bel's gaze returned to the horizon. Would he be disappointed? Would he be angry? Would he come for her, would he ignore it? What would his reaction be, what would his choice be.

She was afraid to find out.

Yuki left the letter with the stallion, a simple, but short letter. "We need to talk . . . about, well you know what about. I'll be waiting at Praistigia Cliffs, when you get a chance to come see me. You'll want to hear what I have to say." She wasn't in love with him, no . . . But . . . but she could see it ending up that way, if they continued the path they were going down. She knew, if he were to ask her, if he were to offer it. She'd accept a courtship. She'd be willing to let him continue to to show her his affections where true, and she'd let hers continue to grow rather than being buried down.

If he'd have her, she'd want to try.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: 

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Obsessed with the thought of you - by Below Zero - 09-06-2021, 04:16 PM