Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - to be merry

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
There was a shift in the emotions her magic was feeding her.

Instantly she felt herself grow disappointed in her own self. She'd done something wrong. But what? She'd acknowledged his words, that was proper, wasn't it? That was how one does it? But she could feel the frustration, and this time, as her ears caught his noises, her head turned, tilting slightly, her ears flicking lightly with her own sense of confusion, lost a drift in the stars, trying to breath in oxygen and only getting carbon (not that either was truly important to the star).

Then she realized his words.

The star in place of where a heart might be seemed to glow brighter, burn hotter in her chest, as her eyes lit up, this time with recognition, with understanding. Name, she know that sound! And the sound that always followed was the individual's calling. Just as she was The Veil Nebula, his identifier was 'Tug'. She paused then, hesitating, ears pinning in uncertainty, trying desperately to remember the right way to make the sounds, the right way to return her own identifying sound. The sound that had been whispered on a god's breath during her creation.

Her hesitation seemed to extend.

But finally the way to make the sounds came back, I . . . am . . ." The speech was a little broken, a sign of not often being used, of repeating sounds that she didn't really have a full grasp on. But the voice, the voice spoke with infinite wisdom, the type of wisdom from being part of a bigger picture, part of the universe, connected to it on a very personal level. Her gaze lifted back up, a little stronger in voice, she repeated herself, I am The Veil Nebula." SHe paused, remembering the sound shortening that Jane always used.

Her smile was warm, considerate.

"Veil." The only way she knew how to offer the shorter name, with out the words to explain what she offered. She just hoped he would understand her, and forgive her for not being able to respond as one likely was supposed to in this event. Or perhaps, even more important, to not write her off as mindless just because she hadn't yet learned the languages of this planet.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Tug
Notes:: I am soooooo glad he used the word 'name' or she'd have been even more lost. it's the only sound she's been able to relate to 'identifiers'
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
to be merry - by Tug - 09-06-2021, 11:26 PM
RE: to be merry - by Veil Nebula - 09-06-2021, 11:44 PM
RE: to be merry - by Tug - 09-06-2021, 11:54 PM
RE: to be merry - by Veil Nebula - 09-07-2021, 12:02 AM
RE: to be merry - by Tug - 09-07-2021, 12:15 AM
RE: to be merry - by Veil Nebula - 09-07-2021, 12:25 AM