Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The taste of sweetness

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
this life is sweet, sweeter than you think
gonna live the dream like a candy queen, like a candy queen
The mare worked her way through the markets.

She'd already ordered a few more supplies for her shop. Bolts of fabric to grace the ceiling and walls, sheer hues of red-orange, orange and yellow to brighten it up, make it warmer. Like the sunshine warmth she was so fond of. She wanted it to be a place of eternal summer. Cabinets had finally been ordered, with matching display cases. Small tables that would be perfect for serving individuals, and another maker had promised dozens of yellow, blue, and orange pillows for her to place in corners of her shop to further the feeling of comfort, of being able to just lay down and sit awhile, read a book. Small book shelves had also been commissioned, and she was hoping to find someone to do some artwork, including custom signs for the different areas and wares of the shop - including a sign for a community bookshop. Leave a book, take a book. Or even just to sit down and read a book while enjoying a glass of tea.

It would be perfect.

So now she was walking the market for her own snacks. It also gave her a chance to see what others made and sell, food-wise, and allowed her a moment to  network, to find anyone willing to work with her in the teashop, provide her with food daily for a percentage of the profits. A few had expressed interests, giving her a little wider of a selection of potential cakes and snacks to serve. But currently the kind mare she was discussing for some sweet treats, was determined to have her try a few first, just to be sure they would be up to quality, "Oh, no, really; I am sure they are delicious, perfect even. But I really should not partake, myself. . . I cannot tolerate sugar well." But the mare was quick to dismiss. Natural sugars. Small amounts, really. No damage. Just try one.

Ever excuse under the sun.

So the fae finally took a small cake, and popped it into her mouth. Her wings started to hum as the sugary treat dissolved on her tongue. She swallowed hard, blinking past the feeling of energy it produced through out her tiny body, "Er, uhm, y-yes. Like I said. Delicious. Definitely would love to organize an arrangement . . . . have these on my shelves for customers . . . ." Her hooves had started to prance as that energy built up, a crown of pink and ivory flowers blooming in her mane, "Er, how much . . . . sugar did you say these have?" She asked, even as her vision seemed to sway, to focus on other things. Oh, where the lanterns here always so bright, so pretty. "Oh, I need to get lanterns for my shop! We can talk later!" The fae took off in an uncharacteristic rush of speed that had the mare suddenly concerned and realizing she'd offered a petit four with handspun sugar flowers, not the lighter angel food cake she'd intended to offer the fae . . . .

The fae didn't care, her mind was rushing.

She slid to a stop in front of the stall, staring at the paper lanterns, "Oh goodness, these are beautiful! Can you do other shapes and designs painted on them? Or cut out even? Oh, or both! Painted and cut out! How many can you do? How quickly? Oh, I am looking for my shop, a tea shop, over at the lake. It shall be amazing, grand, but I want some lanterns for them, oh I would love some lanterns for them! Do you take bulk requests? 20, no maybe 40, I have an outside eating area too! Oh, I can pick them up too! Wait, I am going to need something to hang them from huh? 40 Lanterns, for Caelum, please; at the Faerie Garden Emporium!" She barely breathed as she spoke, dropping a chunk of change to pay for the request before rushing through the market for ribbons to hang the lanterns on.

She was a whirlwind of fairy dust and flower petals.

And the sugar was only just settling in.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes: Sugar Caely. Might recommend Gareth rescue the markets from her . . .

this world's got more than you can ever hope for
just gotta walk through the door like a kind in a candy store
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
The taste of sweetness - by Caelum - 09-09-2021, 12:25 PM
RE: The taste of sweetness - by Gareth - 09-29-2021, 06:12 AM
RE: The taste of sweetness - by Caelum - 10-03-2021, 06:31 PM