Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stepping Up [MEETING]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

It didn't take long for his citizens to start showing up. First, Bel appeared, speaking her support for him, and he couldn't stop the fond and tender smile that appeared on his face at her support. She called the ones complaining and whispering about his lack of experience whiny tadpoles, and he couldn't hide the soft laugh that escaped his mouth, nor could he hide the amusement on his face. Bel went on to say that, as Terrastellans, they were supposed to have more care and compassion for each other, and he hummed softly, wondering what had changed for those naysayers, for the ones whispering about him as if he were nothing. Then Bel asked how he intended to build Dusk Court back up, and what the plans were for the Court and her citizens. "Lovely question, Bel. I think what's important here is that we come together again as a community. Not only supporting each other as friends, but supporting each other as a whole. Terrastellans are caring, loving, right? Standing here before you today, listening to those whispers, I don't feel that love and care very much here," he answers, flicking an ear back in uncertainty. He wasn't sure if he was pushing away his citizens at the moment or not, but it needed to have been said.

Then the twins appeared. Ard and Erd, never one without the other. The dedication that they had to each other was admirable, and Liam adored them. Another fond smile appeared on Liam's face at their entrance, but as Erd began speaking, the smile began to falter before he forced it back into position. "Please, Erd, I may be the new Sovereign, but please just call me Liam. As for me being a soldier before this, I would never force cruelty or wrath or anything of the sort onto my citizens. Your wellbeing, happiness, and health are at the top of my list. I brought up my experience as a solder -- as a captain -- to give an example of my experiences leading, taking care of those beneath me," Liam responded, cautiously approaching the twins. His voice is lowered now, his blue eyes soft and tender. "I would never come to hurt my citizens. I want to support, to build up, to show them that there is someone out there who will listen to their grievances, their complaints, their frustrations. I would never take advantage of them, and I want you both to know this, to see it firsthand. This is why I called this meeting, to let you all know I'm here to care for you all," he finished, backing up and turning his attention to the rest of the crowd that had gathered.

Liam was losing steam, and as more citizens filtered in, he wasn't sure if he could continue standing here, addressing them. That is, until he saw Bucky. His best friend had come to support him, and even though the grumpy stallion stood in the back and avoided everyone else, the copper-burnished stallion was able to take the sight of the other stallion as a sign that everything was going to be okay. A light gray stallion with charcoal points spoke up, asking what to do if they wanted less soldier, more peace. A bemused hum escaped him, and he chuckled softly. "I like this question. Don't think I'm laughing at you, because I'm not. This is actually something I wanted to touch on. I am a soldier, yes. However, what I am first and foremost is just like you all. An equine. A citizen. I make mistakes just like you all do. I think what sets me apart from a typical soldier or someone who may have led before, like Raum as Erd mentioned or anyone else, is that I care. I care so deeply that I end up putting the needs of my citizens before my own. Just because I'm a soldier doesn't mean that I want you all to become one, too. I want you all to continue what you're doing, what you're thriving in, and if you have any issues or any questions, suggestions, what have you, please don't hesitate to seek me out," came the careful advisement, ears flicking as he heard another speak up.

Liam's eyes turned to look at Uzuri, and his expression softened even further, his smile tender and kind. While most of the court was wary of him, clearly fearful that he'd turn into someone who was war-hungry, bloodthirsty, or cruel, it was clear that there were a few there who knew what he was about and who wanted to give him a chance to explain himself. "As Uzuri said, I don't want our court to be a warband. Do I want us to know some basic self-defense movements? I think that'd be wise, but I won't be forcing it upon you because I know how important autonomy is for everyone," Liam advised, pausing as his gaze landed on Bucky once more. He remembered how he'd found the stallion, chained to a metal table, experimented on, reciting his name, his rank, and his military ID that they'd been given upon entering the Agnosian army. Inhaling deeply, Liam pushed the dark memories away and instead focused on the court before him.

He watched as Asta entered, and then as Luvena and Israfel entered together, and his smile grew; the two mares from Night were formidable by themselves, but seemed to be unstoppable together. It was nice to see that they both attended his coronation, considering that he'd missed Isra's own coronation. Guilt bubbled in his stomach, but he brushed it off as he looked upon his court, determination and adoration for everyone burning in his eyes. "Did I miss anyone's concerns? I want to make sure that I answer everyone and try to calm your worries."

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Permission from Sprow to pp Isra; sorry for the long wait!
Tag;;
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 976

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Liam - 09-10-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Below Zero - 09-10-2021, 08:11 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Erd - 09-11-2021, 12:04 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Grimwyck - 09-11-2021, 12:36 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Uzuri - 09-14-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: Stepping Up [MEETING] - by Asta - 09-14-2021, 09:29 PM