Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - so this is what it feels like || THE SOL FESTIVAL

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

Like a gift from the heavens, it was easy to tell
It was love from above, like it saved me from hell

The creature wasn't sure why she was here. In fact, Pangaea wasn't certain if she should be here. This place was suffocating. So many bodies, like a feast for a grander, larger predator. Especially as others continued to grab ale, and snacks, hardly caring, just partaking. Was this land really so peaceful to allow for such frivolous behavior? Did they really have no fears of their livelihood? Why? How? What was it like to grow up in a way that you didn't have to worry about where your next meal came from. She remembered those days, tumbling out of the nest, desperately hunting small insects and bugs, snapping them up as quick as she could, before killing a many more to feet to her ailing brother. Jurassic struggled those days, their parents rarely around, leaving their hatchlings to fend for themselves.

Pangaea and Jurassic had been the only survivors of that clutch, and she'd worked hard to try to keep her brother alive . . . there wasn't a day she didn't miss his quiet strength. But, living in such a cut-throat world, growing up where it was eat or be eaten, she still didn't know how she was alive now. Sometimes she wondered if she had actually died, and this was whatever version of heaven she had found. But, this also couldn't be heaven. Because she was here alone. Duellum was still missing. Her brother was still dead. Tyran was still dead. It was still just her. Her alone.

Except, she wasn't alone now. She had been led to this stupid celebration. With these happy-go-lucky fools. All for a little bit of meat (so she didn't wanna hunt, it took a lot to flush prey out and kill it. Especially when they tried to fight back). She had only just recently arrived, and already she was nervous about showing up. She stood against the wall near the door, her body already angled towards the exit, even as she scented the air, rolling the scents to the roof of her mouth as she breathed in. Glancing around slowly, she forced herself to put on a brave face, and she walked in.

The click, click of her talons on the flooring almost had her right out the door. For a brief moment, the celebration shifted, white-washed walls, too-bright lights. The sterile smell of the complex they had kept her in, trapped, separated from Duellum, dealing with prodding. Testing. She shook her head, the soft thump of amber and gold bands in her hair, a solid and comforting weight against her neck. She forced herself to calm. She wasn't back there. She had escaped. She was free again. And she was hungry. All around her the laughter, the dancing, it felt odd, it felt chaotic, and she continued to want to escape.

Then, there in the rush, there was a scent that nearly stopped her in her tracks. She hadn't smelt anything like it in a long time, not since she was home among humidity, heavy-leafed plants, with unearthly growls and calls that echoed through the wet forest. Dromoesaur, but not quite? She turned, following the scent, the want for food dismissed, as she tried to see where it was coming from. It couldn't be Duellum. He'd have found her immediately, she knew in her heart that he was likely searching for her himself, as well. No, this had a different tang than her bonded. And then, she saw the tiny creature, on the shoulder of the large one she'd seen at the meeting. The king of this place.

Her gaze was cautious, untrusting, reptilian slitted eyes watching, waiting to decide how safe it might to be approach, to see the tiny dinosaur on his head now, gnawing on his ears. Despite being frozen, her claws clacked, tapping a slight rhythm before remembering she was alone, there was no signalling for Duellum to scout. Shaking her head slightly, she watches as he moves, among his people, watching them, and finally she approaches. She slides through the crowds with the ease of a predator, knowing she's drawing gazes, an odd being not seen much of. She can't blame them, her species doesn't exist her. The dinosaurs of this land had died out long before many of the species she was familiar with, her species as well, had ever evolved.

She approaches with a casualness that doesn't betray the discomfort of being surround by so many, her gaze on the dinosaur first before finally looking up to the slightly taller stallion, "You are Leviathan, are you not? The king of this land?" The vagabond asked calmly, "I don't mean to interrupt your . . . browsing, but I'm rather intrigued by your bonded." Her gaze glanced back up at the creature, and she refused to let that since of homesickness enter her gaze, she knew better than to show weakness, "My name is Pangaea," She added, "And your bonded is the first saurian I've seen since I was torn from my home world." And damn her luck that it was someone else's bonded, and not her own.

She had fire in her soul, it was easy to see

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Leviathan
Notes: Considering I had so much hope that Pan would be cynical, cold and bitter, I really do enjoy this more calm, and just distant creature she's becoming.

how the devil himself could be pulled out of me
There were drums in the air as she started to dance
Every soul in the room keeping time with their hands 
and we sang

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
RE: so this is what it feels like || THE SOL FESTIVAL - by Pangaea - 09-12-2021, 07:30 AM