Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - so this is what it feels like || THE SOL FESTIVAL

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

Like a gift from the heavens, it was easy to tell
It was love from above, like it saved me from hell

Even from her slow approach, she could see the moment the young Saurian was aware of her when the playful creature shifted in position. Hunkering down in the mane she clung to. For a moment, there is a slight twitch to Pangaea's features, an amusement from the time when she was but a hatchling, so small, so scared of the world, hunkering down in the nest with her brother, hidden around the corpses of the siblings not as strong as she. But she'd also learned quickly that hiding didn't help. She had to switch to the offensive very early in life to stay alive. Unlike this little hatchling, Pan didn't have anyone in her corner. Her brother was weak when they were younger, it was her that had to keep them both safe. Which meant getting into scraps young.

Such harder times then . . . it's odd, almost, to think she missed them. But that was then, this is now. And now she was approaching. She could smell the blood in the air, a trickle, a slight puncture to one of the stallion's large ears, as he turns towards her. Pangaea doesn't hesitate to take him in, her gaze sweeping over him. But it's not a look of lust, rather a cataloging one, assessing his risk to her own health. A judgment of how dangerous he might be. Taking stock of others was prioritized in her mind, to know the biggest threat in an area. While his head lifts in dignity, his words lack it.

It's a little amusing, truly, and she allows a faint dip of her head, acknowledging his words, even as he seems to take stalk of her, before introducing his bonded as Enyo, confirming her assumptions that it was new to the world. "I'm afraid I'm not so familiar with the gods of this 'Novus', Solis, you say." She replied quietly, before nodding, cataloging the information as potentially important, "She's quite the little hatchling. A raptor of some sort, yes? But not one I immediately recognize." The mare mused quietly, before tilting her head at his question.

Far from here indeed. Her gaze grows more guarded, however, protective of the memories, protective of the emotions that connected her to the world she came from, "Yes, very far from home." The swirling portal energy that had carried her from land to land. It hadn't shown up since her escape from that horrible place, the white walls the bright lights, the cruel scientists and generals. "Where I come from, Saurians, such as your Enyo aren't so uncommon." A flash of fang from a muzzle filled with serrated teeth, a fond smile at the memory of her home, "We're the dominant species there, truly." She added, roping herself more on the saurian side than the Equus of her heritage.

She paused, briefly, careful to control the look on her face, to keep her expression calm, collective, "You haven't, by chance, seen any other saurians around? In Novus in general? A smaller raptor, green with red feathers and markings?" She asked, keeping her tone casual, avoiding inflicting any personal feelings into the question. She doubted the answer would be yes, but she felt the need to ask, just in case. Just in case he had, in case he could point her in the right direction. In case she didn't have to feel alone and out of place by herself anymore.

She had fire in her soul, it was easy to see

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Leviathan
Notes: <3

how the devil himself could be pulled out of me
There were drums in the air as she started to dance
Every soul in the room keeping time with their hands 
and we sang

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
RE: so this is what it feels like || THE SOL FESTIVAL - by Pangaea - 09-12-2021, 08:49 AM