Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - so this is what it feels like || THE SOL FESTIVAL

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

Like a gift from the heavens, it was easy to tell
It was love from above, like it saved me from hell

There were many things about Solterra that had drawn Pangaea to it's borders. It was rougher than many of the other Courts, the beings of this land a little more proud, a little more focus on power, on strength. There was less show, less flash, less need to be proper, less need to be . . . soft. Perhaps not the best word, but the best Pan could place to it. For a mare coming from the places she had, it was the best explanation she had. But that didn't mean she was ready for the crowded party atmosphere she'd stumbled upon. She felt like a croc out of water, a pteranodon trying to run on land, a mosasaur trying to fly. Out of her element, out of her zone.

Perhaps that was why she broke her own rule to keep her distance, to grab a bite, look around and leave. She'd broken her rule at the site of the familiar creature, familiar species, the first of her kind in this world, she'd seen. She couldn't keep herself from approaching the little beast, the tiny hatchling, even if it meant having to communicate with another, if it caused the tiny creature unease. Which was also hard to see, but understandable. Reptiles tended to be fairly cautious in general, she knew that well herself, and that hatchling wasn't odd for showing those same traits. But dear god, it made her miss Duellum all the more. They'd been attached to the hip since the rest of their pack had been killed by those damn Dionychus. Taken out before she and Tyran had been able to offer proper assistance. And Tyran, he hadn't seen the big one hiding in the foliage. She was too late to warn him.

The stallion spoke, drawing her mind from the memories, and she allowed herself to focus, even as she nodded, What the fuck is a Teryr? No, she would need to be proper, this is a king, you don't lose your priority for a king, right? She can't start cussing in front of him? That's how it was with people of power here? Respect, right? "Teryr? I'm not familiar with that name." She admitted, frowning slightly, "Winged, are they like a pteradon of some sort?" She glanced a little more closely at the tiny creature hiding in his mane, even as she seemed to stop hissing, "She reminds me a lot of a dromoesaur, just not sure the type. Not a Velociraptor, they're a little lighter, leaner, even as hatchlings. Duellum . . . full grown doesn't even reach as tall as my knee." Why was it painful to even say her bonded's name? It wasn't like he was dead.

Just missing.

The idea of a variety of beasts and creatures in Solterra had her curious, a slight gleam entering her eyes at the idea of the hunting opportunities. The chance to flush and drive, kill and eat. She forces those thoughts back for the moment though. Not the time, not the place. "I'll have to make sure I become more acquainted with the kinds of creatures in Solterra then." She mused, before she finally got the information she was looking for, well not looking for; but needed. Duellum wasn't seen . . . She forced her expression to remain the same, even if she felt it in her heart, the deflation, the disappointment. Where was he?

Instead she shrugged it off, "Unfortunate, but cannot be help. I'll just have to keep looking," The information of the Canyon and Mors Desert where insightful though, "I assume that is where the Teryr you spoke of earlier comes from? What other creatures are out there." She asked, before frowning at the caution, of avoiding the areas if smart, "Duellum isn't the foolish type, if he senses danger he wouldn't be there . . . ." She immediately dismissed, before shaking her head, dismissing the feeling of worry worming its way into her heart.

Duellum was all she had left, she couldn't help but worry. "Anything else I should know about Solterra if I intend to stick around for a bit? Scary beasts in the Canyon and Desert, a mysterious dinosaur egg you just happen upon. I'm not gonna run into a mosasaur in the Oasis am I?" She asked, her lips quirking just slightly, eyeing the stallion curiously for what more she can learn from him about his Domain.

She had fire in her soul, it was easy to see

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Leviathan
Notes: <3

how the devil himself could be pulled out of me
There were drums in the air as she started to dance
Every soul in the room keeping time with their hands 
and we sang

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
RE: so this is what it feels like || THE SOL FESTIVAL - by Pangaea - 09-13-2021, 10:38 AM