Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

IC Event  - thunder on the walls || THE HUNT

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
like fuck it, i don't wanna come down
i wanna get fucked up right about now
gonna tear shit up, i don't wanna fight it
who the fuck here wants to start a riot?
Bel was part of a crowd, there weren't too many of them, but it was enough.

The hunt was on, and while she didn't really know what to expect, her heart, and her energy levels were buzzing with excitement. She could taste the salt on her tongue, the dropping of temperature around her as her magic responded to her own buzz of battle. Latticeworks of frost were climbing over her hide as the water vapors wafting off her back continued to plummet into negative numbers, colder and colder, until the frost left behind in her wake was a path of ice, the battle mage's eyes locked on the creature taking to the sky.

It seemed to hover, watching them and their approach.

Bel briefly glanced to the stallion at her side, her cyan eyes catching his gold, and she flashed a cocky grin, before the creature suddenly dived, and in that instant Bel swerved, instantly condensing the water in the very air around them, freezing the particles in the air, gathering it all into a concentrated force that extended as far as her reach could allow (roughly a 15 square foot, slightly concave barrier of one-inch thick ice) blocking the Teryr from completing its dive without veering it's course and sacrificing speed. She knew the quickly condensed ice wouldn't last long, especially with the slight thickness, sacrificing thickness for more reach of the ice, she let her gaze drift to her companions, "Quick, before it works it's way around, this thing is already on the hunt! We need to drive it back far enough to at least figure out a plan, don't we?" She called out, even as she returned her gaze to the Teryr.

Already she was leeching water off her vapors, off of her reserve.

The water quickly taking shape, into missile shaped projectiles, roughly 3 shots, and freezing them to allow a slight increase of range when her magic wouldn't have to be sacrificed away from range to keep the water in shape, "I don't have a very good reach her, I won't be able to hit it with much until it's within 15 feet of us or less of us, so I'd really love a plan on how we're gonna get this thing on the ground." The mare asked, her eyes never leaving the Teryr, so that the moment it dove into range, the high-pressured attack, 3 foot-long ice projectiles could be sent speeding in its direction, switching from her initial defensive to an attack mindset, as her magic was more geared towards.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam @Leviathan @Pangaea @Israfel @Faction @Tug
Notes:: Battle Mage Applications: Combined the Attacks: Water Missile, and Scatter Shot in her Tier 3 Level, sacrificing the multiple projectiles of scattershot, for three, larger projectiles, that could be delivered at a higher pressure, freezing the water to allow for an increase of range. I'm so glad she's level three where she can now experiment with her most commonly used attacks and do things like this. Makes it much more fun, and easier to account for what I originally thought would be a decent range, but is severely limited in this case [I can't believe I didn't alter ranges properly for some of these more 'sniper' like moves, oops].

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Below Zero - 09-18-2021, 01:24 PM
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Faction - 09-22-2021, 09:57 PM
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Pangaea - 09-22-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Tug - 09-24-2021, 08:04 PM
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Israfel - 09-27-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Faction - 10-06-2021, 11:48 AM
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Pangaea - 10-06-2021, 10:07 PM
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Israfel - 10-11-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Faction - 10-18-2021, 06:26 PM
RE: thunder on the walls || THE HUNT - by Pangaea - 10-24-2021, 09:38 PM