Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Hey honey, I'm on my way

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

the car won't start, it's falling apart
i was late for work and the boss got smart
my panty line shows, got a run in my hose
my hair went flat, man, i hate that

This had been a journey. At some point, Keokuk had faded from view, not that Ry can blame him much, there certainly wasn't much to see. All around him was sage brush, and desert. Hotter than he ever remembered being. Tyee was now panting, carefully walking beneath his own massive bulk. Ry wasn't a tall stallion, but he was a respectable 16.2 hands, and he was built fairly thick, more on the side of power and muscle gained from hard work, and for the hybrid pup, that was good enough to give him plenty of room and shade. Rylan himself had no such protection, and as midday approached, the sun reaching the zenith, he had to take a pause.

"Keokuk, bud, ya there?" Almost instantly, in response, the animal spirit flickered back into the mortal realm, bowing his great antlers, his form partially see through, but looking soooo much cooler than where they were currently. Briefly the stallion wondered if Keokuk would feel cool if he walked through him, What ever you're thinking. . . Stop. Instantly Rylan was giving his Bonded, his absolute best halo look, eyes wide and innocent and a sweet smile to his muzzle, "Who me? Why, I ain't thinkin' nuthin' Keo! I'm just a haggard traveler waitin' ta find the next rest stop. Ya think we're any closer ta this Day Court village?" The stallion asked with a cheeky grin.

The stag eyed him once before snorting and turning away. Where the stallion was far more carefree, bright and kind, the stag was definitely the more level headed and calm of the two. Not surprising considering the age of the animal guise. I'm not stupid, your 'innocent' act couldn't fool a fawn. You'll get there faster if we keep going. We've been heading North East, from that mountain peak, so we'll get there when we get there. Come along, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to keep going.

Rylan visibly was pouting, even as he started following the silver glowing spirit, beneath him Tyee was whining at having to get up at walk again as well. The walk continued for another stretch, as the sun peaked at noon, before beginning the climb down again. It was about mid afternoon, perhaps 3 or 4 based on the sun on the horizon when Rylan let our a joyous whoop, "Look at that there, up over yonder! I see green, 'n' that means plants! 'N' anythin' that green gotta have some water nearby! Let's go!" Both dog and stag stared in disbelief as the previously pouting stallion (who had been dragging his hooves no less for the last hour) was suddenly bounding ahead in a burst of energy.

Ry didn't even let them wait up, instead he straight for the watering hole, and jumped right in with little more than a "Yeehaw!" He resurfaced, shaking his dark mane from his cream face, turquoise eyes shining in delight as he grinned towards his Bonded and pet dog, "Now this is what I'm ta'kin'bout!" he declared, pulling himself out of the water enough to lay down in the shallows with a happy sigh, "Why don't we get some shut eye here tonight, go the rest of the way in the morn?" He suggested, his tone already suggesting this was his plan, and there would be no swaying him.

Keokuk sighed, watching Tyee dive in with his master, barking and howling as he played in the water, "C'mon Keokuk. Lighten up a bit. It'll be fine! The water's gggreeeaaat" The spirit bonded's only response was to disappear from view, leaving the stallion pouting, "Keo!!! Come back 'ere and hang out!" The stallion looked to Tyee who was wagging his tail and lapping at the water now, "Yeah, Keo was purty rude, huh?" He asked the oblivious wolf-dog before shrugging and relaxing the tired, hot muscles from traveling in the cool water. Keo would come back eventually.

honey, i'm home and i had a hard day

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@open to any!!
Notes: Ry Ry being cute <3 typed on my phone, so Grammer and spelling errors likely.

pour me a cold one and oh, by the way
rub my feet, give me something to eat
fix me up my favorite treat

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-21-2021, 12:37 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Reinhart - 09-21-2021, 01:22 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-21-2021, 02:39 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Reinhart - 09-21-2021, 03:45 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-21-2021, 04:51 PM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Reinhart - 09-24-2021, 11:15 AM
RE: Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-24-2021, 12:03 PM