Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Hey honey, I'm on my way

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

the car won't start, it's falling apart
i was late for work and the boss got smart
my panty line shows, got a run in my hose
my hair went flat, man, i hate that

There is certainly truth in the idea that single-mindness can lead to tunnel vision. Rylan was exhausted, hot, having travelled up, and down the mountain before heading out this way all in the span of a day and a half - near constant travel except for the time he'd been on the vision quest - and even then he'd been travelling throughout that in his detached point of view. So, he'd be the first to admit he may have almost ran someone over, over looked their presence in a desperate bid to get to the water.

Now, however, he felt like an idiot for overlooking the tall, ashy stranger that was approaching. Rylan was a polite boy, his mama made sure to raise him up well, but that didn't stop him from doing a slow scan of the approaching stallion - the taller stallion was more than just a little attractive. He was rather striking if the young buckskin was being honest. Not that he'd admit that out loud, he had more charm than to just start flirting like some fuck boy. Besides, Rylan wasn't the type for flings anyways, he wanted the real deal. Romance that fades after a few months just wasn't his idea of a future. He wanted soul-shattering, earth-stopping, mountain-moving love.

But he knew that took work too, and doesn't come at you, blown in on the westward wind, so instead he kept his cool, his grin kind and easy as he tilted his head at the stranger's cautious words. Creatures fond of biting huh? Rylan immediately turned towards the water, that grin falling with a sense of concern - less for himself, and more for the pup still playing in the water. He let out a shrill, low whistle, that had Tyee lifting his head, tongue lolling out, before racing towards him. Rylan rolled to his feet, as he nudged Tyee further out of the deeper water, "Huh, creature fond o' bitin'? We talkin' fish, or som'in' a might bigger?" The stallion asked, his attention returning to the stranger now that Tyee would be further out from anything that might be in the waters.

Then the other spoke again, asking about Keokuk, and Rylan couldn't help it. His laugh fell from his muzzle the same way his words did, full of energy and life. Though where his words were slower, sweeter with his drawl, his laugh was crisper, "Nah, Keokuk ain't no ghost . . . er," He pauses at the thought, frowning faintly, "Er, well, I don't think he is? Oye! Keo, but, gotta question fer ya! Yer not a ghost, right?" The stag slowly appeared, his form growing more solid, until the sand was pushing around hooves, and there was the faintest sway of his fur in a slight breeze, We went over this when you were a foal. I'm a spirit guide, not a ghost. Similar, but not the left behind presence of a deceased animal, and rather the representation of the characteristics the animal is most known for in your community.

Rylan listened intently, before spinning back to Reinhart and flashing him a wide grin, "Soooo, Keo says he ain't no ghost. More . . . er, how'd he say it . . . eh, wha'ever. Basically, my people's beliefs in the characteristics his species would represent - he . . . represents that I guess? Anyway, where I come from, we call him - and those lik'im Spirit Animals, or Spirit Guides. They're meant ta help guide us through life, basically. Whatever it is about this place just let 'im come ta this realm instead o' stickin' to the other one." He pauses for a second time, before adding, "Oh! My name's Rylan, this 'ere is my dog Tyee; and Keokuk is the stag."

honey, i'm home and i had a hard day

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Reinhart
Notes: <3 <3 <3

pour me a cold one and oh, by the way
rub my feet, give me something to eat
fix me up my favorite treat

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-21-2021, 12:37 PM