Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Hey honey, I'm on my way

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

the car won't start, it's falling apart
i was late for work and the boss got smart
my panty line shows, got a run in my hose
my hair went flat, man, i hate that

Rylan was curious, about the stranger, not just because it was a handsome stranger, but for a reason far more important. The artisan was new to Novus, to this land the trio were settling in, and any stranger was a potential wealth of information, of knowledge, of who is what, and where is here, and why is that. A fountain of knowledge that Rylan would need to make it through this new world.

The top of his list though, was to figure out what was in these waters, but only after he ensures Tyee was safe, was out if potential danger. However, this stranger didn't appear to be much of a fountain when Ry asked about these creatures. Larger than fish was the only solid information, and was a guess, since the stallion wasn't from this place, this Solterra, this 'Day Court' tribe. But then he suggested it could be either. Large creatures that produce scars, others stating their is nothing but fish . . . The conflicting records forced a puzzled frown as the stallion threw a glance behind him to the still water with a soft flick of his tail, though the water offered no answers either. Which . . . Meant a mystery to be solved!

Rylan turned back to the other fellow, a crooked smile that lit up his features with boyish glee, "Reckon that'd be a mystereh worth solvin'!" He declared, eyes sparkling with an alarming lack of personal self-preservation, "Sounds more like a elder tale ta meh. But only one way ta know fer shure. 'N' that's figurin' it out mehself, 'n' findin' those buggers!" Rylan stated with that same crooked, boyish smile in place, "Gonna have ta make sure Keo can keep 'n eye on Tyee though, don't want that there pup ta get gobbled up." He added thoughtfully, more worried about his pet then himself.

The stallion stood back, relaxing slightly as this stranger seemed to watch his companion form with interest. Ry couldn't blame him, he'd been shocked and in awe during that first Vision Quest where he met Keo for the first time too. The explaining of Keo wasn't always easy, and even Rylan could tell the information was hard on the stranger. He smiled apologetically, head ducking, chin almost touching his chest, as his forelock danced infront of his eyes, his expression immensely softer, "I guess that's a bit hard ta take in, yeah? I ain't been in this land, er Novus, long 'nough ta know any potential critters or even beliefs like 'em. But if it helps, just pretend he's any ol' stag?" He offered, a touch of a shy, sheepish smile.

Would this be a common reaction to Keo? Would Solterra not accept them because of the weirdness? Well, one thing Ry knew, Keo, Tyee and him: they were a package deal. If Novus didn't want Keo, them all three would just have to keep moving on. He wasn't abandoning Keo for nothing. But he wouldn't condemn others for struggling with what Keo was either. So instead, Rylan let the topic lead into introductions.

Atleast now he had a name name the handsome stranger, Reinhart. It had a much harsher sound to Rylan's own softer name. When this Reinhart did finally react, respond to what Ry had said, Ry's features softened again, an almost timid smile, "Nah, don't worreh 'bout it. Pro'ly just some'in' special the Tribe did. But, short answer, I always called that place he's from like a dream realm, cause ya usually had ta be sleepin' or som'in' like it ta reach it. The elders from my village could probably explain it better, or the shaman. I don'know much 'bout it mehself . . . Sorry." The apologetic admission was delivered with that crooked grin again, as Rylan tilted his head, "Wai, you said you ain't from this place, uh, Solterra, right? Now, iffin I ain't oversteppin' no bounds, can I ask where ya are from? Or even how many other places, this here island has? I ain't been here long, 'n' would love some more information!" He asked, almost pleading, his turquoise eyes wide and hopeful.

honey, i'm home and i had a hard day

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Reinhart
Notes: <3 <3 <3

pour me a cold one and oh, by the way
rub my feet, give me something to eat
fix me up my favorite treat

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Hey honey, I'm on my way - by Rylan - 09-21-2021, 12:37 PM