Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bygone days

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

There's a slight chill in the air, and Liam knows all too well that it's signaling the upcoming autumnal season. While the morning does start out as chilly, the heat rages on later in the day, before the night closes out the day with that same chill returning. That chill is something Liam despises, loathes and part of him wondered how cold it would get in the Dusk Court. Hopefully, it wouldn't get too cold, considering they were on the southern end of Novus, and the ocean was right there. But he'd been wrong on a lot of things, and he was certain he'd be wrong on this.

His royal advisor beside him was getting antsy, and Liam could tell. They'd been at this -- trying to decide on what buildings to remove and what to put in their place -- for nearly two hours now. All Liam wanted to do was to seek out Bucky, eat, and maybe rest with the other stallion for a few more hours before he had to get back to work. He'd forgotten how time consuming it was to be a leader, to be anything more than a soldier.

By the time he crawls into the bed he shares with Bucky, he's both mentally and physically exhausted. He rises from their bed before the sun touches the horizon, and doesn't climb back into bed and fall asleep until well into the night. It was a vicious cycle, one that he knew that Bucky was probably unhappy with. It was a sore spot for the copper-burnished stallion, one that he was making a conscious decision to repair.

The anger that Liam felt at someone barging into the Citadel immediately disappeared when he saw who it was. The other stallion was a foreign sort, one that he hadn't ever seen before, but he was never one to turn away from a visitor. There was a moment of regret on the stallion's expression as he approached the stranger, his royal advisor nearly glued to his hip. While that would normally irritate the copper-burnished stallion, he was relieved for the gelding's close attention to him. The gray grullo stallion takes on a strange posture, and Liam frowns for a moment as he takes it in, but he says nothing and the look is gone in the blink of an eye.

The gray grullo stallion introduces him as Leviathan from Solterra -- Day Court -- and Liam's face lights up in recognition, his ears pricked atop his head. "Leviathan, thank you for making your way over to Terrastella. It's a great opportunity for us to speak," he responds, nodding at Levi's desire to fix things. Huffing a soft laugh, the coppery stallion fixed Levi with a look, one that was full of understanding. "Most rulers make themselves look like asses. It's not an intentional thing, I don't think. Rather, they let their egos get in the way and try to rule using that rather than anything else. It's not every ruler, but it isn't uncommon, either," he comments, his attention caught by the small saurian making its way atop Levi's skull, yellow eyes blinking curiously at him.

Levi's next words have him blinking in realization that the other stallion was speaking again, and he chuckles again in understanding. "I have to be honest with you, Leviathan. I was, before becoming Sovereign, just a simple stallion in the military. It's all I've ever been. Unless you count the time I was a ruler before Novus. But being a soldier is all that I've been familiar with. You can take up as much of my time as you'd like; I don't have anything important to do today. Most of the duties have been finished."

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; I have a feeling they're going to be good together.
Tag;; @Leviathan
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 619

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
bygone days - by Leviathan - 09-21-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 09-23-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 09-26-2021, 10:21 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 10-02-2021, 10:01 AM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 10-03-2021, 11:38 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 10-09-2021, 10:22 PM