Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bygone days

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

Their meeting had been going so well.

But then Liam had to go and ruin it by opening his fat mouth and calling Leviathan a poor leader. Sighing to himself, the stallion mentally adjusted himself and shook off the cobwebs of diplomacy, his awkwardness fading as he tried to relax further into the role he'd been seemingly born for. He was, after all, the face of Dusk Court now, and this slight disagreement or misunderstanding between them just wouldn't do. Flicking an ear back, Liam huffs in awkward amusement at himself, eyes still watching Enyo for a few seconds longer as she catches Leviathan's ear, her claws carefully pulling at it before he turns his attention to the gray grullo stallion before him. For just a moment, he regards the other leader, his mind whirling as he quickly thinks of something to say, something that would set everything on the right path again.

"Forgive me; I assumed, and you know what they always say about assuming. I truly think being a leader is a learning curve, and we all, for lack of a better term, suck at it the first go-round. It takes time, patience, and support from those around you to improve, and I can't imagine that you're anything but a superb leader now," he answered, shrugging off the way Leviathan's words were colder than the ones before. The former emperor of Vasanta had seemingly lost a touch, but he wasn't about to let it get to him. What was the point? This was just a hiccup, and it was more than likely just something that they could brush off and get past. But then Liam noticed Leviathan's ice eye narrow, and his stomach sank further, and he sighed internally again.

Flicking his ears back, Liam huffed at himself again, knowing that he shoved his hooves deeper into his mouth. That proverbial saying of foot, meet mouth was fitting him so well today. Clearing his throat, Liam took a slightly defensive stance, though it still remained diplomatic, open, and welcoming. Inclining his head a little, the stallion gestured toward the gardens several yards away, wanting to move this meeting somewhere where they could both relax and where they weren't just standing. "Forgive me again, Leviathan. I noticed that you were injured, and rather than have you suffering and miserable for much longer, I wanted you to use the doctors and nurses that we have available in the hospital. I can't imagine the amount of pain that you must be in, despite any amount of a brave face you might be putting on," he tries, tilting his head a little to the side as he watches Enyo climb down Leviathan's neck and hide against the immense amount of mane located at the nape of his neck.

"I do think that we perhaps got off on the wrong foot, and I do want to try and make it up to you. Would you care to move this meeting to the gardens? I find it to be incredibly relaxing and calm, and it certainly has restorative properties. I go there after every workout, and I haven't felt refreshed like that in what seems like years," Liam offered, noticing that Leviathan also had countless amounts of scars -- fresh, old, and somewhat recent -- and Liam flicked an ear back again. Part of him was jealous. Scars were a sign that the one who had obtained them was a warrior. Fights and skirmishes outside of Novus left him with nary a scar to be found, thanks to his accelerated healing from his genetic experimentation and genetic mutations. But part of him was relieved. Liam was sure he'd end up being self-conscious about the look of the scars. His mind had taken a weird turn, and he mentally shook himself clear, instead trying to focus on the meeting and task at hand.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; ;w; Levi <3
Tag;; @Leviathan
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 646

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
bygone days - by Leviathan - 09-21-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 09-23-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: bygone days - by Leviathan - 09-26-2021, 10:21 PM
RE: bygone days - by Liam - 10-02-2021, 10:01 AM