Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Kingdom of Ruin

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Dance like no one is watching

The dance of emotions, thoughts that she couldn’t read like she had once been able to. Those small flickers broke Syn’s heart into pieces. There was almost anger in her eyes and Syn found herself fighting the urge to flinch away. Was Caelum truly that angry with her? 

The snarl was so foreign on her features and made Syn pause. "You did what you thought was best. You were at least there, not running away like a rebellious child. I left. I left my parents to run the kingdom and to try to not be the fae that I am destined to be. Do you know how hard it is to know that I am destined for darkness? To know that I will never be that positive soul that you are?" There was emotions wrapped in her words, too many to count and none directed at her beloved cousin. 

Then she spoke of Calico and a child. A son. Syn’s eyes widened and questions raced through her mind. “You had a child?” She asked, her voice broken as she dropped her gaze. Cael had given life to a child, something that Syn had no idea of. If only she had. If only she could have been there. Stupid selfish fae. That is exactly what she was. 

When Cael turned her back on Syn, the younger mare felt her heart crumble the final bit. Felt the pain that was trying to unbury the darkness that she kept under lock and key. Her voice was hollow, pain pushing all emotion from her words. "You keep stuttering over a name. One you dont want to tell me." She murmured softly, her wings lifeless at her sides as she felt like a shell of herself. "Even if I wanted to go home…" She started, eyes on the tea before her. 

"Even if I was to walk through those gates and try to help, my parents would banish me on sight. I was told that I have lost all rights to my court, my crown. I am the failure that they wish they could erase. The reason that their court had no heir. Of course, I am certain that father pushed for another at this point. Can’t let their precious kingdom fall to ruin since their only heir is a disappointment." Syn stated, her voice cold as she felt longing tugging at her heart. She wanted to go home. For the first time in years, the idea of home made her yearn for it.

Not turning to look at her cousin, Syn closed her acid eyes and sighed. "If anyone is cursed, I believe it would be me. You have found love. You had a child… I have been denied both. I have nothing. No one that misses or wants me. No one waiting for me in the after life. I am adrift, abandoned, unwanted. Even you can’t look at me without anger in your eyes." She stated, her voice once again empty of emotion and a hollowness resounding in her very soul.

@Caelum
"Speaking."
Notes: <3

Messages In This Thread
Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-22-2021, 09:48 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Caelum - 09-24-2021, 08:20 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-25-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Caelum - 09-25-2021, 11:12 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-25-2021, 11:30 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Caelum - 09-26-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Absynthe - 09-27-2021, 12:21 PM
RE: Kingdom of Ruin - by Caelum - 10-03-2021, 07:07 PM