Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Midnight in Summer

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

i won't leave you lonely tonight
i want you to hold me all night
it's gonna be alright

The stallion was curious . . . So much to see of this world, this island, so much he was having a blast to uncover (and the chance to run with Tyee - and of course, Keokuk; only made it all the better). And it was this need to explore and just run that had him covering the distance south, his gaze curious, eager to find out what was past the oasis, past the canyons of Solterra. What more did this land hold in secrets that the youthful stallion could grasp with both hooves and shove out into the open! Who would he meet along the way? What sights were there waiting for him to lay his eyes on! And so the stallion didn't hesitate to run, to explore, to see it all. 

Of course, he knew to be careful. The slow walk along the edge of Elatus Canyon was proof enough of that. The walls seemed so impossibly tall, drawing an alarmed breath from him as he twisted and turned in awe before starting to trek his way - ultimately having to rely on Keokuk to help lead him through narrow passageways, out of dead ends, and finally to the other side so he could continue his journey south. South across the lands between Solterra and Denocte - his end goal destination for the day.

His steps slowed as his gaze came upon the natural barrier that kept the other tribe, the tribe of Night; separate from the world. The boy grinned, a crooked smile as he stared up at the mountains, his eyes crossing the horizon the peaks seemed to break. He turned his attention to the wolf-dog sniffing at small prey trails before he glanced to Keokuk, "Well ol' man, let's see ya keep up? Giddy-up, Tyee!" And with a youthful, playful laugh, the young stallion went racing up a random tail, the dog instantly giving a delighted bark that turned into a howl as he took chase. Left behind Keokuk could only sigh in annoyance as he turned to follow them up the path.

The trek wasn't easy, as the conditions of the mountain path got more dangerous, more treacherous. Steep climbs that had the stallion hosting Tyee to his shoulders to keep the pup from running off and plummeting to his death. The tiny ledges seemed to force the stallion to walk in the most awkward shimmy of one hoof in front of the other. He finally found the right path, the right trail and it was with a relieved sigh that the stallion finally found himself off of the face of the mountain, collapsing in the more densely wooded interior with a relieved grin, "I'll tell ya, I wasn't sure we weren't in a might o' trouble back there." He stated, grinning up at the ghostly silhouette of his first, and best friend, bumping his muzzle against the partially solid shoulder of the spirit stag, "Mighta joined ya a bit earleh in the afterlife, huh, Keokuk?" He chuckled, leaning against a tree trunk to catch his breath from the climb, tilting his head up to the sky, feeling a breeze ruffle his dark mane, his necklace thumping against his chest, the solid weight of the arrowhead just as comforting as the feather whipping against his muzzle. "Well, ain't no reason ta rest now. Let's see what else we can find in this 'ere land, yeah?!

With that eagerness to explore, the trio set off along the path, the stallion curiously staring at the world around them in awe at ever new type of plant, tree; and animal, even as Tyee had started to chase smaller critters through the nearby trees, barking and yipping (in the same excitement he'd destroyed a half a dozen stalls in Solterra), that had Ry relieved they were out and about, "Now don't ya go wanderin' too far, Tyee!" He called to the pup, "Heel!" The command was followed with a whistle that had the pup angling closer to Ry again, even as he continued to play.

i won't leave you lonely tonight

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Tristan
Notes: PLEASE, RYLAN, THERE NEEDS TO BE CHEMISTRY HERE BOY!

imagine, the air filled with jasmine
the breeze blows with passion
you and me dance with desire

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Midnight in Summer - by Rylan - 09-22-2021, 09:59 PM
RE: Midnight in Summer - by Tristan - 03-05-2022, 09:06 AM
RE: Midnight in Summer - by Rylan - 03-06-2022, 12:57 AM