Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Spill the Tea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
“All the better for me” she nodded along. She knew it wasn’t for her benefit, but she did enjoy the lack of flames within the cafe. A break from the torches and candles that were always burning within the court. She thought maybe she’d come here for the next autumn fire festival, tuck herself away in the tea shop for the night perhaps. 

The sudden shift in Caelum's voice terrified Luvena, and her ears tilted back just a touch. “Just once, and it was a year ago!” she scrambled to justify her actions. “And I only went alone because the girls and Picoro had already gone to sleep for the night” oh good gods she shouldn’t have said that. “And I came straight back down, and at least I went when I felt well unlike the portals where I was running a fever last winter and-” she clamped her mouth shut. She was making this worse with every word. Caelum was staring her down with the fires of a thousand suns.  Her tone reminded her of her mothers when she was younger. If her father was upset it was usually fixed with a quick reminder of her affection. If her mother was upset… well, that usually took more to mend. She knew the power of a royal we all too well.

She didn't question the jolt as Caelum moved the pendant from her chest. She was in no position to question her right now. 

She touched her nose gingerly to the mares shoulder. It broke her heart to see her so saddened. “History repeats itself in new iterations my dear” she murmured. “Each one improves upon itself. I fell in love with a man of fire and ashes who burned me to the ground. Now I’ve fallen in love with a woman of the same beginnings, and she too has burned me to the ground, though in a much better fashion. History won’t let you suffer so again. Not while I have a say in it at least”  She was far better at taking care of others than she was herself. 

“I will admit” she almost giggled for a moment. “Some of them are right bastards” she rarely cursed. But some of the men she’d seen in Denocte gave little left to describe them.  Though she didn’t much like the faes description she let her ears flick forward a touch. “That, my dearest Caelum, seems like an admission of sorts” she quirked a brow upwards, waiting for the woman to go on.

@Caelum
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by Minervas muse

Messages In This Thread
Spill the Tea - by Luvena - 09-24-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Spill the Tea - by Caelum - 09-24-2021, 06:50 PM