Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Spill the Tea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
imagine a fighter with a centerfold face
comes from a long line of blue collars and lace
with a grip like reins to a steed and kisses for days
It was an unintentional bonus.

The lack of flames that would draw her friend forward all the more. A safe place from the torches that flickered through out Night. "You are always welcome in my walls. I have a guest room and all you can hide in the next time the bonfire is lit." She teased, even if she was serious about offering to put up her friend when ever she might need the safety of a fire-less (other than the stoves) shop.

The news of Veneror Peak was not so welcoming.

As Lu tried to defend herself, Caelum's eyes grew more, and more narrowed, "You . . . went . . . alone?" She spoke so quietly, the words almost carried on a light breeze, soft and fragile as a petal. It was the calm before the storm, "LUVENA! Why would you go alone! And . . . ." She froze as her friend then mentioned the portals, and the fever from the winter, and this time Cael sighed heavily, as she slumped against the table, banging her forehead against it, "You are going to be the death of me! I am going to worry myself in a fit, and shall die, despite my immortality!"

She stared up at her friend with deadpan expression.

"Let my marker read 'Killed my the reckless of her own best friend, brought down by worry.'" She shook her head, before sitting up slowly, "Pray tell, Luvena, what were you thinking! Do you enjoy flirting with danger? Perhaps we should let you go wrestle the Teryr in Solterra? What of the Wendigo hiding somewhere on Novus. Do you want to go have dinner with it as well? " But this time, despite the angry words, there was real fear, real worry in her eyes, and she moved to bury her face into her friends mane, her wings limp against her back, "All I really have here is you, Luvena . . . I couldn't bear it if something happened to you." Sure, she had some other friends. She had Coy, who she had known since foalhood. But Luvena was her best friend. And losing her . . . Cael didn't know if she'd let herself get past that.

Lu's touch had Cael's eyes turning towards her.

The emotional turmoil she felt had her an open book before her friend, and her heart hurt more than she ever remembered it hurting before. "Then why hasn't it been approving? Losing Arson was hard. My best friend. Tremaine hurts to this day, knowing he is gone, he is gone because he tried to defend me. He was my everything." Her muzzle touched the necklace, her eyes squeezing shut briefly, feeling the soft thrum of heat from the spirit trapped inside. "Arson was hard, but Tremaine was supposed to be my future . . . and then Calico . . . and . . . Convallis. My sweet, little Convallis. Every time, it repeated, it stole something even more important. But my child. What kind of mother outlives their child?"

Tears fell from her eyes, she couldn't help it.

"I still dream of his voice, so filled with fear, with pain. I couldn't get to him. I tried so hard. I watched, from yards away as they tore the throat out of my baby." She slumped into the pillows, her gaze tormented, so afraid, "What will they take from me the next time I fall in love? What else do I have to be taken?" She asked quietly. Her wings her flat as she bowed her head, "Some queen I am, aren't I? How can my people support me when I'm so weak. Queen Caelum Bella Knoxx, Lady of the Fae, Light of Summer, Blessed Flower of Primulan City? I don't feel like that mare anymore. She died of heartbreak so long ago.

"I'm a changling. Playing the part.

But I'm not her.
" She sighed, wiping her face on a forelimb, trying to dry those tears. "I'm trying so hard, so hard to get better. But I'm so afraid to feel it. I keep burying the pain, ignoring it because it just hurts so much." She took a steadying breath, "It's been years. Seven since Arson, 5 since Tremaine, and 3 since Convallis. I want to believe the cycle is broken. Every two years, I lose someone, and yet nothing has happened yet, and I've hit the three year mark. But I wait with bated breath for horrifying news." She sighed, shaking her head, "I miss feeling like a faerie, you know.

"We're supposed to be such light, playful things.

"Momma, Papa, they called me an imp when I was a foal. My cousin and I got into so much trouble. We always pulled my brother and Arson into the mess too. I flooded the court rooms to make a swimming pool once. I glued the council to their chairs when they insulted my cousin. I would hide in closets and scare my aunt and uncle when they came to visit.
" She looked up at the whisps that hovered in their spheres, her gaze melancholy. "I met a stallion, not too long ago, before the meeting. Boleyn was his name. Right character that one . . . He was sooooo insulting. But, it felt like I was starting to heal, partaking in the battle of wills.

"For a moment, I felt like a fae.

"An imp, spinning his words back at him. Playful, carefree, like I wasn't hiding from my past. Like my heart wasn't shattered.
" She laughed, she couldn't help it. Remembering the indignation she felt when he'd suggested that her kink was coming up to strangers at night. "It was one of the more carefree moments I've felt in a long time. But this really isn't healing is it? I just keep trying to bury the pain more and more, don't I?" At some point she'd stopped trying to keep the appearance of the perfect daughter, the perfect fae.

Her words had gone so much more casual.

Contractions slipping free as her distress, her moment of fragility, of bearing her soul had her forgetting how she might be seen, how she was presenting herself. In that moment, she was more Caelum than she had been in so long. Less regal, less like a front, a perfect princess her father expected. She was the little faerie that got dirty running through the fields with arson. The little fae who got in trouble because of a prank she and Syn had played. In this moment, Luvena was seeing the Caelum buried so deep, deep in her heart, because it hurt so much to be this Caelum.

"I've always had a thing for the dark stallions."

She admitted, her gaze turning towards her friend, her gaze suddenly so sensitive, so scared. "But I can't help it, I can't help but notice when he appears. So dark and silent. Still as death. His eyes like ice. But in brief moments, out of the corner of my eye, I've also seen that ice shift, I've seen the slightest hint of a smile when he chuckles." She closed her eyes, before flopping in the most inelegant way, to exhausted to even try to put the facade back up, feeling lighter suddenly, lighter than she had in a long time. "What do you know, if anything; of the one named Vikander?" She finally asked, her expression so tentative, but it was progress.

Progress that was entirely Luvena's fault.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: She broke Cael. She literally broke Cael. She's using CONTRACTIONS

and imagine a winner holding pink champagne
Wwo still loves her daddy but changes her name
an overachiever, even she don't believe her own fame
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Spill the Tea - by Luvena - 09-24-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Spill the Tea - by Caelum - 09-24-2021, 06:50 PM
RE: Spill the Tea - by Luvena - 09-24-2021, 07:23 PM