Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Spill the Tea

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

LUVENA
She nearly scoffed. “There would be no wondering about it. She knows how I felt about the last bonfire” She didn’t look back on the memory fondly. She’d absolutely broken down outside the court walls, watching the flames. Flicker upwards towards the sky.

She looked at Caelums words, though avoided the womans gaze. “I don’t… I don’t think I get both Caelum. I don’t get health and happiness. I’m okay with that. I have one, and it’s the one that I prefer” she paused, gently bumping her head against the womans neck.  “So stop burying it” she replied. She knew it was easier said than done but. “Caelum I’ve lived my own lifetime of tragedy. There's not much you can say that would scare me at this point. Or much you could do… just don’t light a fire near me” 

She laughed at the story still though. “My goodness Caelum what a little heathen you were!” she pushed as much lightheartedness into the words as she could, hoping the fae would know she meant the words in camaraderie.

She smiled at the fae for a moment. “Sometimes on my way to wherever I’m going I find Liatris or Eremurus flowers on the way” the names felt foreign on her tongue, she rarely said them aloud anymore. Their heaviness made her sentence come out with far less elegance than usual. “Even fewer times still I pick them and bring them home to hang outside the clinic. Let yourself grieve Caelum. It’ll do you some good in the long run. Even though it hurts now” 

She huffed. “To be fair. I wasn’t hell-bent on avoiding it at all the first time…” Quite the opposite. She had fond memories of fireside festivals, and warm hearths. But that was before her husband had taken that joy from her. Before a woman with a dragon had brought flames upon the tallest trees. “My dear if you wanted someone who would forget” she paused. “You picked the wrong lady to befriend. And” She hummed as she said it, knowing now that she had a name to look out for. “I’ll remind you that my girlfriend has the census for the whole court”

She pulled herself to her feet a moment later, wincing against her own head for just a second. “I should go Caelum. Before this headache makes itself anymore known” she moved towards the door. “I’ll see you again soon though I hope?” she didn’t need the mares confirmation to know though that of course they would. 

@Caelum
"speech"
usually it starts
with a nightmare,
some sordid dream
that creeps in on a
saccharine song,
souring as it hits its peak.
table by karma, art by Minervas muse

Messages In This Thread
Spill the Tea - by Luvena - 09-24-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Spill the Tea - by Caelum - 09-24-2021, 06:50 PM