Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - come back and sing to me

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
these lies are leading me astray its too much for me to stay
i don't wanna live this destiny it goes on endlessly
Caelum could fee a sort of kinship growing.

She didn't know his story, where he came from; what his life was like before he arrived to Denocte. But she could recognize the fragility of his smile. She could see the despair in his face, she could read the grief, because she buried those exact same things. Where he wore his without hesitation, she buried hers as far as she could place it. Perhaps it was the difference in their pain, his embraced, hers hidden. Was that what kept her from being happy, from healing? Should she embrace her pain, would it help?

She doesn't want to think on that yet, though.

She was happy hiding if it meant she could avoid it, avoid the world, avoid the pain, avoid the suffering, avoid the memories. Fake a smile, just fake it until you make it. And she's been faking for so, so long. Her ears perked slowly, tilting her head as she watched him relax, allowing that soft smile to return her face. The topic changes, and she's delighted to bring the topic onto her teashop, her own expression showing the delight by the genuine chuckle he offers to her joke. The curl of his lips has her smiling back playfully, her eyes bright, playful, engaged; "Oh, please do. I am always delighted when company stops by the shop."

It meant a successful venture in making a place others wanted to visit.

She settles to the ground, hooves touching delicately, forcing herself to ignore the flowers that blossom at her hooves, the flowers brushing each ankle, as if to cling to the embodiment of Summer as she moves through Denocte. This is a yearning in her heart when she sees them, remembering how they'd trail behind her parents, how she'd play in the flowers her mother would grow for her. A heavy weight in the pit of her belly, knowing that the ability passing to her now was proof there was no other to sit on the thrown of Summer.

Just her, and she wasn't ready for it.

Her ears perked as she walked, turning her gaze away from them, but she can't help but notice his reaction - his glances towards the blossoms. She shifts, almost shyly at the attention, "I apologize, for the blossoms. I am afraid I cannot turn them off." She admits, even as a faint bloom of blossoms around her crown peak through the ivory mane as it falls around her blue-hued neck, and she turns her attention back to being a proper tour guide, telling him all she could think of. When he speaks of preferring the open lands, she smiles at the knowledge that someone else preferred the peace of nature to the bustle of the city life.

When he speaks, she glances back towards him, noting the grin.

The vulnerability that highlights it. "I think we all could use some peace and quiet." She agreed after a moment, but this time her smile was lost, her gaze staring out at the distance, and for a moment, the fae queen visibly showed her own heaviness, the weight that sat squarely on her shoulders. The shame she felt for running so desperately from her homelands, for everything that had happened, and how her people still loved her.

She has to force her smile back, but it soon comes back to life.

To light, bright, gentle, perfect. The perfect image, the perfect daughter, the perfect princess. How fake it was, yet how well she could portray it. When the beast beside her speaks again, she glances up at him, and perhaps for the first time, she's glad he's ruby in hue, knowing had he been as dark as her beloved, his appearance would have been painful to take in. Instead she holds those differences in highlight. He asks of Caligo, and she smiles slightly, "In Novus, there are five gods. Caligo is the patron goddess of Denocte. Oriens protects Delumine, Solis watches over Solterra, and Vespera hails Terrastella. And Tempus over us all." She explains after a quiet moment, "I am not, however, familiar with the stories, or information on the gods. But there is a library in Delumine, that might tell you more. I would be more than happy to show you to it, I am rather fond of libraries, myself." She added after a brief nod.

She looks up when he asks about magic.

She feels her heart drop, feels a lump in her throat, and she swallows around it a few times as she looks down at the flowers, "Many . . . in Novus, get their gifts from the gods. My magic . . . is not the same. I am a true faerie, my magic stems from that." Her wings flutter nervously, and as the fairy dust touches the flowers, they seem to multiply for a short moment, "My gifts are . . . perhaps the last token from my parents. A reminder of . . . what I could not be." And then he asks another hard question, her gut twisting, "Many years now, long enough to allow me feel great fondness for it. It's not . . . my homelands . . . but it is home."

She just prayed she'd never destroy this home too.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Fang
Notes: <3

i see you so please stay strong
i'll sing you one last song and then i'm gone
i don't wanna live this destiny it goes on endlessly
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
come back and sing to me - by Fang - 09-26-2021, 11:09 PM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Caelum - 09-27-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: come back and sing to me - by Fang - 09-27-2021, 12:11 PM