Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a satchelful of gems [ open ]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

absolute power corrupts absolutely
but absolute powerlessness does the same
it's not the poverty
it's the inequality that we live with everyday
that will turn us insane

The stallion stared down at the odd, little glowing thing, watching her backpedal, watching her muzzle dip open, and then watching the reaction to his own abrasive words. His attention returns fully back to her, watching as she snaps her muzzle shut quickly. A sense of . . . mischief almost taints his otherwise calm exterior, as she slowly wrinkles her nose, her head tipping up enough that an assassination attempt would be oddly easy if he had an accomplice with him.

But it’s not an annoyance he feels with her fire spitting at him, licking his sides with proverbial flames crafted from sharp words, and a sharper tone. He can’t help it, he’s thoroughly amused by the entire thing. He can’t help but to acknowledge her words, even if he’d been standing in the middle of a path due to seeing her odd glow heading towards him, and wanted to wait OUT of range for when the glow inevitably appeared.

He doesn’t respond right away, however; instead continuing to watch, and gather more intel on this odd, little glowy creature as she snorts, walks around him, and flicks her tail, while raising her head. Fiesty indeed. Although, he’d hardly call himself ‘gawking,’ but he did dip his head in acknowledgement to her rather poisonous tone.

Instead, the Rebel leader dips his head, acknowledging where he had stepped wrongly (after all, you don’t become the leader of a Rebellion against a Tyrant king by being cold, cruel and distant - even if he was living in a state of near constant distraction with Ard and Erd missing). "I apologize, you are correct. It was rather foolish of me to have chosen to pause where I had. I had seen your . . . odd glow approaching, and having never come across any equine that glowed; had cautiously paused in case it was an attack, or beast I had not yet seen before: rather than allow an unknown force to hit me. I’d have been wiser to have taken my pause further off to the side, naturally.” His words were smoother, his sneer replaced with a vaguely amused smirk, as he looked down at the little spit fire that breathed acid tones, and flaming wit. "And of course, gawking is rude; I’ll strive to not be so . . . struck by the next unique individual I stumble across - or rather, they stumble across me.” Vreis added with a powerful shrug of his shoulders, that rippled the cloak slung over his back and down his side.

The stallion pauses then, dark eyes returning to the odd, little glowing thing; his mind already categorizing any potential use he may or may not have for her - the corrupted with power side always whirling to see where he can use someone for his benefit. Such a small thing would hardly make a decent fighter, not unless she too could wield the magic that seemed to settle over this land like a putrid stench. But her fire had caught his attention, and whether for good, or ill; his attention was firmly locked on her as well, "I do hope you’ll accept my apology,” While he might not be a ‘good guy’, that didn’t mean he was evil either - and realizing he had faulted, at least a little, he felt she deserved at least this much - besides, further conversation would give him even more information on the odd little being, "It was not my intention to upset you. You’ve simply caught me off guard, even if it’s not such a difficult state to be in when trying to settle into a new world you’d previously not been a part of. Oh, where are my manners. I am Vreis, of the - well, that’s really not important now; being in a new world, titles mean less when the Tyrant you’re rebelling against isn’t in the same plane of existence.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Faye
Notes: He is still making my head spin. Trying to capture ‘not evil, just corrupt’ is odd.

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
a satchelful of gems [ open ] - by Faye - 09-27-2021, 11:06 AM
RE: a satchelful of gems [ open ] - by Vreis - 12-06-2021, 11:33 AM
RE: a satchelful of gems [ open ] - by Faye - 12-06-2021, 11:55 AM
RE: a satchelful of gems [ open ] - by Vreis - 12-06-2021, 01:49 PM