Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Make things so complicated

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
chill out, what you yellin' for? lay back,
it's all been done before and if you could only let it be
The mare could feel the constriction in her chest.

It was to be expected. Caelum didn't like telling her story. Especially not in one go. Not in one sitting. Not in one day. Not all at once. It hurt, it hurt more than she could say, and she had bottled up so much of that heart, so much of that pain because she had to focus on Syn. Syn was going through her issues now. Syn, who had just heard she could never go back home. But it was crashing against the shore, the waves of turmoil that threatened to suffocate her entire soul now. She knew what she needed; almost as much as she knew, the steady warmth against her chest told her that the soul in the red gem would have her back no matter what. She urged herself forward, urged her hooves to keep falling, ignoring the flowers that bloomed behind her, the tiny drooping purple hyacinths that seemed to crowd her hooves. She didn't want to acknowledge that meaning.

She didn't want to acknowledge much of anything.

And she knew that wasn't okay, knew that wasn't what Luvena would want for her, which is what led her to her friend's door. She thankfully was left in relative peace as she moved along the back roads, her wings drooped, her usual smile missing for a troubled, forlorn look. Those who saw her knew someone was wrong and kept their space from the mare, clearly on a trek to her destination. A few whispered reassurances of where they had last seen Luvena helped lead the way, but she could feel their concerned gazes as well. Hardly surprising, she mused slightly; she had become quite a face in Denocte. Who knew it would make one of her bad days so much worse.

Caelum hesitated at the door before her forehead bumped against it.

She didn't knock right away, instead of taking a few deep breaths, trying to soothe some of the ruffled edges herself before she allowed her hoof to knock against the door a few times, "Lu? Are you in?" Did her voice really sound as meek as she felt it did? Did her countenance really appear as close to breaking as she felt she was? "I need a place to just hide in for a bit." She didn't even know if she was ready to talk about it. But, she always felt safe with Lu, hidden from the world when she needed to just collect herself, where Caelum knew she would find no judgment, a place to sort through her thoughts, and Lu would offer suggestions and help, and when she left . . .

Caelum always felt a little more whole.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: I figured she'd just show up and kinda collapse on some pillows somewhere and just be all 'distract me. Tell me 'bout you first.'

you would see, i like you the way you are
when we're drivin' in your car, and you're talkin' to me one-on-one

Messages In This Thread
Make things so complicated - by Caelum - 10-17-2021, 11:08 AM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Luvena - 10-17-2021, 07:52 PM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Caelum - 10-19-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Luvena - 10-19-2021, 08:45 PM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Caelum - 10-19-2021, 08:57 PM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Luvena - 10-20-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Caelum - 11-04-2021, 08:48 PM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Luvena - 11-06-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Caelum - 11-14-2021, 11:18 AM