Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Make things so complicated

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
chill out, what you yellin' for? lay back,
it's all been done before and if you could only let it be
She barely heard the murmured whispers.

All she felt was the sudden embrace. It almost made her collapse, an embrace she'd been desperate for, for so long. She'd wanted it so desperately from her own parents so long, long ago. She'd found them dead instead. How long had she been craving this kind of touch? This reassurance that the world would be okay, to know she would be okay. Eventually. She quivered against the body that hugged her, wanting to come undone at it. She instead pulled away, finding a place to collapse. She was quiet as she watched her friend work, but it wasn't until she asked the question that Caelum paused.

She frowned softly, looking at the bowl.

"I . . . I don't . . . What day is it?" She asked meekly instead, her gaze staring only at the bowl, sniffing it and feeling her stomach want to revolt. But she knew better than worry her friend, and instead took a cautious, slow bite. Swallowing it was hard, like sawdust down her throat. But it was a bite. "I think I slept . . . on Sunday? Ate . . . on . . ." She shook her head, the time since Syn left her shop seeming to blur. "I don't . . . remember."

She grasped onto her friend's words desperately.

Her ears swivelled, curious, "Your sister?" She repeated, a desperate tone to her voice to hear more, before she provided her own words, quiet, delicate, hesitating, "My cousin is too." The words where weak, soft. The shook with the memory of Syn's praise for her. Perfect Princess. Light. Warmth. She was none of that. When was the last time she'd seen that, been that? Her head dropped to her limbs, staring at her friend, "How . . do you feel about her being here?" She asked quietly.

Desperate for more distraction.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Luvena
Notes: She's not okay . . . .

you would see, i like you the way you are
when we're drivin' in your car, and you're talkin' to me one-on-one

Messages In This Thread
Make things so complicated - by Caelum - 10-17-2021, 11:08 AM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Luvena - 10-17-2021, 07:52 PM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Caelum - 10-19-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: Make things so complicated - by Luvena - 10-19-2021, 08:45 PM