Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - My heart is a battlefield

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

“Then you have worse taste than I thought” she teased. The words were bathed in affect for the other though. She sipped away at the tea as she worked, trying to ignore the bitter aftertaste of the mullein.  

Her face softened slightly at the next words that came from Pol, and she touched her muzzle gently to the taller mare's shoulder. “And I think of you as I thought of my own children. Truthfully yes, I am exhausted, and with winter comes fever and worse. But I will be fine. And you should concern yourself more with our patients who are not accustomed to such things” She knew she might as well admit it, she couldn’t really lie to Polar North. She was becoming too skilled a medic to listen to her stubbornness any longer. Truth be told though she was waiting for the day the mare would push her on it, properly. It was the one thing she wanted her student to learn. Patients lied often, and sometimes they needed a push to get what they needed. If she could get something out of Luvena... she knew she'd be ready to run things on her own, if ever she wanted to. 

She frowned slightly at the question. “We could do with more valerian… and maybe some elecampane. We have lots of it now, but I suspect that will change very quickly in the next few weeks.” she shuffled through the jars above them, trying to see if they needed anything else. 

She nearly dropped one off the shelf at the next statement, only just catching it to slide it back on. Her ears pressed back, though she was quick to bring them back up. She didn’t miss the expression that crossed Pols face either, not that she was subtle about it. “Twice…” she replied cautiously. Her tone measured. She ignored the girl's words about her sister, no longer focused on the topic. “Both beforehand. Who told you that?” she wouldn’t have been so suspicious, afterall there was more than one friend in Novus who knew that fact. But the look on her apprentice's face… it had given her the impression that she was keeping something from Luvena, and she wasn’t much one for secrets.  

“I’d suggest you not lie” she warned, though her tone was still as gentle as ever. “You’re not much good at it, and if I’m honest I’ve not much patience for it.”

@Polar North
Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 10-19-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 10-20-2021, 08:59 AM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-04-2021, 05:41 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 11-04-2021, 08:03 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-07-2021, 08:34 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 11-07-2021, 08:58 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-07-2021, 10:25 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 11-07-2021, 11:01 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-07-2021, 11:50 PM