Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - My heart is a battlefield

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Signos: 0
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Look Forward... Trust Yourself... Find Peace

Pol snorted and shook her head. "Must be the alien in me." She teased as she took a long drink of her own tea. "Perhaps a bit of salt to help bring out the sweetness?" She asked, wondering if that would make the tea better for the elder mare. 

Pol beamed at the other mare, though her smile wavered at the way she spoke of her own children. Liatris had stolen her heart in that simple meeting in a way that even Trey hadn’t. As she finished, Pol frowned and tilted her head. "As much I would love to believe that… I have seen you struggle. Please, Lu. Tell me the truth. I know you do not make it through the winters as easily and I want to make it easier for you." She murmured, wanting to help the mare.

Pol made notes, tucking the paper into her satchel that she set beside the door and out of the way. That was when the air inside the clinic changed. That was when her slip was evident. There was fear in the younger mare’s heart as she stared at Lu with wide eyes. 

"Um… I met someone. Someone that knows you…" She began, dropping her gaze as she tried to figure out how to word it. Her heart was thundering, loud enough that the young mare was certain that Lu could hear it. Then she spoke again. Even though the tone was gentle, she could feel the command within it.

Her world was crumbling and it was all she could do to not break down and cry right there. She had done it. She had broken the relationship that she cherished so much. Her words were a murmur, barely audible as she kept her gaze on her hooves. "I hate not telling you things. I hate trying to figure out how to say things and then screwing it up so royally." A deep breath. "I met Liatris… He told me. He asked about you. Told me to tell you he loves you. He stays in the library, trying to learn all he can." She finished, feeling like a failure. She wanted to run away, to hide in her room and ignore the world around her. 

Even with the fear and emotions, the young mare couldn’t seem to move her hooves. She wouldn’t leave unless Lu asked. She was there to help, to try to make the elder mare’s life easier. But for how much longer? Would Lu push her away as well? It wouldn’t be the first time. Heck, not even the first time that she was abandoned by a mother. Fear and pain were lancing through her heart and she had to force herself to keep on her hooves rather than lay down and weep.

"Speaking"
@Luvena
Notes: <3

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

Messages In This Thread
My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 10-19-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 10-20-2021, 08:59 AM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-04-2021, 05:41 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 11-04-2021, 08:03 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-07-2021, 08:34 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Luvena - 11-07-2021, 08:58 PM
RE: My heart is a battlefield - by Polar North - 11-07-2021, 10:25 PM