Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Tell me another riddle

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Mallory [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 2
Signos: 50
Night Court Tactician
Male [He/Him/His]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine
and rage the likes of which you would not believe.
If I cannot satisfy one,
I will indulge the other.
She seemed unfazed at his ire at first. Maybe not completely unfazed, but certainly not surprised by it. And somehow that made him even more angry. Had she known he would be upset? Without a doubt, Gaston knew that Io had likely expected some visceral response from leaving a note in her wake. Any sane person would have. Yet, her resignation to his outrage also suggested he was not the first agitated reunion she had faced recently. Curious, but that was not the important point of this whole debacle. That would be a question for another time.

His glittering ruby gaze narrows minusculely, watching her closely as she listened to him. Ears fell back and a frown turned her lips, she at least looked contrite for her actions. She tensed, spitting an insult right back at him, and Gaston would have never guessed his anger towards her could spike to such heights. He was not the angriest he had ever been, sure, but the deep breath that exhaled from his nostrils served as a quiet warning. Gaston felt his whole frame start to vibrate from the restricted resentment, biting his tongue to stop himself from hurling any truly unkind words in a knee-jerk response to his pain. Despite their mutually building anger, she stepped forward to place her head on his chest - and it stills him. In defiance of his rage, Gaston can feel himself relax just enough to no longer be quaking with emotion while a deep frown settled on his lips.

I would have stayed.

Four little words, inconsequential to some, were powerful enough to drain the rest of his tumultuous rage from him. It felt like her words had simply sucked the breath from his lungs, stealing away his mixed emotions and causing him to deflate in its wake. Gaston's eyes close for a moment, brewing in the silence between her words, before an exasperated bark of a laugh escaped him. "You are an idiot, too, ma lune. I've chased you across numerous realms, fought magic and world-eating monsters to stay at your side no matter where you had run. I had never desired something so much until I found you. Was my devotion not enough?" he inquired, fatigue softening his once biting tone. No longer fueled by burning emotions and turmoil, he was tired.

Regardless of Gaston's own confession, he remained guarded. Elated to finally hear he mattered to her as much as Io had to him? Certainly. However, there were years of hurt that could not - and would not - be ignored. Gaston knew that time would heal those wounds, though it would certainly help with her at his side.

"You silly wench," he teased, unable to help the chuckle that rumbled in his chest. "I would chase you until the end of time, or until old age got me first. Though I am getting too old for this running around bit, so can you please quit running from me?" His words, though spoken in jest, is tempered by the subtle smile that twists the corners of his lips. "There has been nobody else for me but you. Being with you taught me how to have hope, as I had scarcely ever allowed myself to hope before." As Io tucks back into his chest, pressing into him as if she could melt right into him, the black pegasus drapes his head carefully across her neck to hold her close. Holding her close brings him comfort, though it does little to stop the wild thumping of his heart. Gaston hums for a moment, contemplating her request.

"I hurt the most when lost, yet also when not had at all. I'm sometimes the hardest to express, but the easiest to ignore. I can be given to many, or just one. What am I?"

tagged: @Io Kairavi
notes: <3
"Speech." Thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 10-21-2021, 05:44 AM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Gaston - 10-22-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 10-22-2021, 08:02 PM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Gaston - 10-22-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 11-04-2021, 01:57 AM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Gaston - 11-11-2021, 10:00 AM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 11-19-2021, 01:01 AM