Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Tell me another riddle

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Mallory [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 2
Signos: 50
Night Court Tactician
Male [He/Him/His]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine
and rage the likes of which you would not believe.
If I cannot satisfy one,
I will indulge the other.
A sigh. It's a deep, sharp intake of breath that's slowly released - as if to carry away the renewed ire with it. What was she not understanding? How could she not see he had chosen her?

Golden eyes slip shut for a moment as if the pegasus stallion is quietly counting in his head. He's really tried to be better about his scathing retorts; tried to not let his emotions get the better of him. He has spent so long looking for what he wanted. So many years were wasted trying to fill the void in his heart, to find his path in the world, as his mother had wanted for him. Gaston had never imagined that path leading him to another soul, but here he was. And she wasn't understanding.

"Did I ever tell you why I left my home? I left my birthright, an arranged marriage, a future with a crown, all behind because it wasn't enough. It was not what my heart wanted. My mother saw that and understood - she had been a bird trapped in a gilded cage. She knew that I wanted to be free," Gaston started, taking a deep and fortifying breath as he paused. He never spoke of his beloved mother in all the years he had left her behind, except for a few minuscule details here and there. It had never felt right to share his memories of her...until now. "She could never be free, but she found a way to let me escape the same path she was stuck on. She made me promise to seek my happiness. 'Find it and hold on to it', she had said. It took me many years to understand what she meant. Then I met you and truly understood what her dying wish had been."

He took a step back from her, though he was loathed to do it. He needed to see her or perhaps needed her to see how truly earnest he was. He listened to her patiently as she spoke again, unable to help the ghost of a smirk that curled his lips as she expressed her exasperation. "Ma lune." Gaston did not want to interrupt her, but he couldn't stop himself. He reached for her as if to offer a gentle touch to provide comfort. "I'd choose you, in a hundred lifetimes and a hundred worlds. I would find any version of you and I would still choose you."

This time, Gaston is unable to stop the full-blown grin from spreading across his raven lips. He accepts her embrace, bundling her close to him once more with a tuck of his head and with his wings spread around them as if to shield their private moment from anyone with a wandering eye. After all their strife and pain, he could give her this moment.

"Toujours."

tagged: @Io Kairavi
notes: <3
"Speech." Thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 10-21-2021, 05:44 AM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Gaston - 10-22-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 10-22-2021, 08:02 PM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Gaston - 10-22-2021, 10:04 PM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 11-04-2021, 01:57 AM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Gaston - 11-11-2021, 10:00 AM
RE: Tell me another riddle - by Io Kairavi - 11-19-2021, 01:01 AM