Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ' ' i like the view right now * | sol festival

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 320
Night Court Merchant
Male [he/him/his]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

a beginning is a very delicate time

From the foot of a child a pup leaps, tongue lolling, eyes rolling about happily. It yips excitedly, it lags with exhaustion, and at last it slides its way to the golden stallion’s feet. After a moment, a tap, two, and a sigh, the seller at last tells Tyee to lie down. Alecto’s mouth crinkles with wry amusement, eyes filled with good-natured laughter when he at last looks back to the stallion. The couple round up their child after a glance at Alecto when he speaks, slowly moving away, keeping their child close and urging them not to comment on the galaxy that Alecto wears on his skin. Tossing the child a smile, he does a half turn to show the tapestry of his skin, display it for the world to look at.

Alecto is not a shy man.

With an experienced eye, one who has been in many markets and seen jewels belonging to those in high stations down to stones commoners and thieves collected and deemed valuable, his gaze travels over the turquoise, the quills, the leather and beadwork. Another appreciative smile crosses night-kissed lips when he hears Rylan’s next words. ”So you come from another home, too. It must be lovely to birth one such as you, but not lovely enough to stay?” The question is gentle as he pries into another land, another world. How many, he wonders for a moment, are there? Which one could his princeling be in? Was he even in Novus at all anymore? Every day that passed decreased the odds being in his favor, and so still he drifts from site to site, city to city, looking for the opalescent being he chases still. None of this is said, only rapt intrigue at the possibility of another place, another adventure, another world where his father and his past would not find him.

Would they find him here?

Golden gaze at last goes from a beaded necklace and feathered piece to be tied in his hair to the sculpted planes of Rylan’s shoulders, the curve of his neck. Inch by inch, he devours the man whole, a smirk upon his face. ”Rylan,” he states, ”I’ve been told the chase is fun,” brows raise suggestively. Soft laughter rings from his chest, gentle as the night sky that begins to creep overhead. ”If you were to choose a piece, any piece, for myself, what do you think would fit me best?” Because he could take the table of treasure if he felt like it, but he could not say that it would mean a thing to wear them.

Home, miles and miles and worlds away, there are trunks of gold and rubies and pearls, of garnets and sapphires gifted to him by nobles, by his mother and sister, by anyone and everyone save his father. When more formal events came up, when he was forced to make an appearance, his maid would fuss over what he should wear. Would this or that make him look more appealing? It was hard to please his father, but he would always look the part of his star-studded son. The Raptis blood runs strong and true, from generation to generation they all became a galaxy of lies and glory. Beautiful monsters. Now, this monster has his eye set on a new prey with pretty golden skin.

« r » | @Rylan

Messages In This Thread
RE: ' ' i like the view right now * | sol festival - by Alecto - 12-27-2021, 04:48 PM