Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ' ' i like the view right now * | sol festival

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

oh-ooh-oh, you think you're special
oh-ooh-oh, you think you're something else,
ok, so you're a rocket scientist,
that don't impress me much

The youthful stallion couldn't keep the grin from his handsome face, his dark-rimmed eyes crinkling slightly with the open expression as he watches his pet's movements. A hum in his mind reminded him Keokuk was nearby as well, but where Rylan was amused by Tyee's youthful flamboyance, the stag was less so. Of course, true to his half-substantial form, Keokuk didn't have to be fully present to express his disapproval at Tyee's energy. Or perhaps, Rylan was just that familiar with the stag who had helped raise him. He turns attention away from Tyee as the pup lays down, letting Keokuk, as well, settle. Instead his attention turns towards the approaching stranger who looks like the sun and moon were playing tug of war across his pelt.

Rylan would be the first to admit the clash of colors was bewitching. He'd also be the first to keep the admiration to himself. But, he was a shy man. So instead he busied up himself with making his work more presentable, his ears perking to show his attentiveness on the stranger when the stranger spoke. That attentive-ness was soon far more direct as he registered the words spoken to him, 'must be lovely to birth one such as me?' Ry is quick to dismiss the words as perhaps he heard them wrong, or they were said in a different manner than the one Rylan had originally thought up (so sue him for hoping such a handsome stallion might flirt with him a bit). "It's like another world compared ta 'ere. I ain't complainin' 'bout Novus, mind; but . . . but there wa' somethin' wild 'n' peaceful 'bout home." He chuckles after a moment, "But, I made the foolish mistake o' leavin' fer a gal. Wild thing she was. Fancied her as purty damn perfect . . . 'til I met the man she chose o'er me." His eyes were filled with mirth, the turquoise hue gleaming at the stranger, "Dunno what shocked 'er more. Me lettin' her go, or that I thought her new stallion was far more attractive than she."

Okay, so perhaps he was only shy about expressing romantic interest himself. Beyond that, Rylan had an ease about himself in how he spoke to others, not minding the more awkward stories, words flowing free and smooth, and dripping like sweet honey. The stallion tilts his head as he feels the other's eyes stroke over him, the feather in his hair, the necklace in his neck, and then his body. This time, he can't deny the words delivered, and his muzzle drops open, even as he swallows hard at the suggestive look, the smirk he was given, "Er, I; uh?" It's not often Rylan finds himself tongue-tied, but in his defense, how do you respond to a promise like that? The laughter that rings forth relaxes him them, and he finally chuckles as well, "I guess it depends on who wins, 'n' w'at's ta be won." The buckskin finally agrees.

And then he's presented with a real challenge. If he could choose any piece, what would fit him best. Very slowly, Rylan's gaze rolls over the other's body, eyes drawing along the shapes, curves, and lines. Subtle dips of muscle, each movement of hair, the way the colors clash. When he speaks, it's with a pause, thoughtful, but serious, "I'd think some'in' understated. Over-looked unless yer lookin' fer it." A few items lift into the air, occasionally held up next to the stallion before tossed to the side, some immediately dismissed, others pausing a while longer before the stallion seems to have an 'ah-ha' moment. Instantly, all of the items fall from where they'd been hovering, and this time, Rylan turns away from his collection, "They're not somethin' I was plannin' ta put out, see. Almost didn't think of 'em."

Three small drawstring bags were lifted from a box, each bag embroidered with colored quills that depicted a different stylized item. Rylan stares down at them for a long moment before two of them return to the box, and finally the third, with a black and white, simplistic eagle is left. He opens the bag, pulling out two items from it, the first a simplistic hair tie, two long eagle feathers, mostly white, but dipped black, with delicate beadwork along with the leather band, small carved beads out of opal, and onyx. It's set down in front of the galaxy stallion, before the second item, a necklace joins. It's on a thin, easy to ignore leather thong, with another two feathers, and a third, smaller feather, softer and more whispy. The opal and onyx carved beads layer twice on either side of the feathers, and between the beads, is a small carved stone of an eagle in a dive. "Ain't super fancy, but if I'd have ta pick something for you, I'd go with whites 'n' blacks. It contrasts with yer colors, but the bead work is smaller, more o'er looked. Most might notice the feathers only. 'N', whe'e I come from eagles represent the strong, the brave. 'N', I can't think o' nothin' braver than askin' a stranger ta choose what they'd pick fer ya, since it's relyin' completeleh on their opinions of. I sure ain't been around ya long enough ta know ya well, which means yer askin' 'bout first impressions too. An eagle iffin I e'er saw one."

so you got the brains, but have you got the touch?

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Alecto
Notes: <3 <3

now don't get me wrong, yeah,
i think you're alright
but that won't keep me warm
in the middle of the night

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
RE: ' ' i like the view right now * | sol festival - by Rylan - 12-31-2021, 06:41 PM