Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - apologies my friend

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 6
Signos: 645
Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

The markets were always bustling, and especially now as the seasons were changing. There were still warm days as summer bled into fall, but soon there would be winter’s chill, and the goods peddled at the markets were a reflection of that. Woven scarves, cloaks and fur blankets were put on display so that none may be caught in the cold. Still others clung to the last few shreds of the summer sun and boasted bright colours and wares of a more jovial or festive nature. 

Gareth was sure to be careful of his step, dipping his head low so as not to loom too terribly over the crowds. It had been a few days since his herb gathering venture and his encounter with Salome. His head was still swimming and his heart still felt raw, but he knew more than anything that he had friendships that needed mending first. The collection of petals and stems he had been gathering on the mountain he had dried and wrapped carefully. He never had been one to get too fancy, and had only given a few gifts in his life, but he had felt that going the extra mile to make it presentable was all well worth it. 

Luvena deserved a thorough apology and he had no better way to do so than to present her with these herbs. Every little bit counted. He had heard rumors that their new Sovereign, Israfel, may have taken quite a shine to the healer, but the stallion had never been one to pay much attention to that part of the rumor mill. Still, if it held any truth, he was hoping to catch her before life might become quite a bit different. 

His head swiveled as he looked in stalls and shop windows, hoping that he might recognize the painted mare and her animal companions so as not to need to ask for directions. There was something about approaching a stranger in hopes that they held the information one needed, and that they would provide it out of the goodness of their heart, that tugged at an instinct in Gareth. Perhaps it was his stubbornness, but it just seemed wrong to put that kind of situation on a stranger, and who knows if the one you chose to speak with would actually be of any use. Then you’re interrupting their day to no benefit for either of you and that just seemed rude to him. 

Noor had chosen to stay behind, as the city felt too closed in for his tastes, and Gareth was partially grateful. After all, the elk had not been pleased to hear of Salome’s return to the stallion’s life, and had been particularly harsh to him. Not that they were not words that he had needed to hear, for they were, but their necessity did not make them sting any less. The tongue lashing from his friend had given him some things to think about, and the wandering of the night markets gave him some of that space to mull them over. 

"Speech" | @Luvena | Hope this works as an open starter! 

Messages In This Thread
apologies my friend - by Gareth - 11-03-2021, 08:05 AM
RE: apologies my friend - by Luvena - 11-03-2021, 01:24 PM
RE: apologies my friend - by Gareth - 11-07-2021, 08:01 PM
RE: apologies my friend - by Luvena - 11-07-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: apologies my friend - by Gareth - 11-07-2021, 08:59 PM
RE: apologies my friend - by Luvena - 11-07-2021, 09:27 PM
RE: apologies my friend - by Gareth - 11-09-2021, 06:46 PM
RE: apologies my friend - by Luvena - 11-09-2021, 10:07 PM
RE: apologies my friend - by Gareth - 12-28-2021, 02:57 AM
RE: apologies my friend - by Luvena - 02-21-2022, 04:20 PM
RE: apologies my friend - by Gareth - 02-21-2022, 04:53 PM