Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Yo-ho, Yo-ho

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A s t a
do you believe in reinarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
I wasn't used to the taste of freedom.
Or perhaps, I merely wasn't used to it in this life.

I've felt it before.

A long, long time ago.
The feel of the wind brushing fingers through my mane. The taste of success coating my mouth. I remember it all so freeingly. With no hesitation, no letdowns. Just me against the world, and it was exhilarating. 

I'm starting to regain some of that sense as well. It's in the ability to wake up and leave my room freely. To be able to explore the world without having to sneak out of my parents' home. Freedom to see the world, taste the spirits (quite literally, thank you very much), and once more let that wild energy in my blood sing. But I also know, at least for the time being, as much as I want to let it all go, feel that sense of adventure once more, there is still a part of me that hesitates.

It's that same part of me that keeps me at this cliff. The waters crashing below me, trying to carve out the rock wall to get at me, to pull me into their embrace. I remember it so freely, in a time long, long ago. To run wild on those very waves. The salty air zapped the breath out of me on chilly nights. The lulling of a ship on peaceful waters. But I also remembered the storms, the thrill of death coming for you as you raced from one end of the ship to the next, securing sails, trying to keep things on board, trying to ride out those storms that could come out of nowhere, and throw your entire travel for a loop.

I remember the fighting, the zing of blades through the air, the crossing of swords, and the demented grins we wore as our flags were raised. With the taste of freedom I'm slowly being given, these memories come soaring back, and I miss it. The thrill of adventure, the dashing, daring attempts to make a name for yourself, a fortune. Somewhere, so long ago; that Asta had buried such treasures on an uncharted island, and I wonder briefly if it was still there if I could regain the crown I once held in the southern seas, traveling those dangerous routes, fighting against fellow pirates for my cut, my fraction of delicious coin, and jewels.

I remember trapezing across rooftops, I remember running from those 'saintly' naval officers who didn't believe in my attempts to make a living. Stealing from the rich to feed me. I remember those lifetimes with such fondness, that it's almost an ache in my chest as I keep my distance from the shore, from the water so far below me. Instead, I lay down, my tail dangling off the edge, as I watch the waters, the waves. The tantalizing call of the sea, to taste that special freedom again. I wonder if being out at sea, living a pirate's life, would give Liam more gray hairs - or less. A sneaky grin crosses my muzzle, but I know I'm nowhere near being able to journey the oceans again. 

I'd need a ship.

Perhaps I should start keeping an eye out for the next one to come ashore.

What's a pirate, if they don't 'borrow' things every once in a while?

And I was once a very good pirate.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
Open to Anyone
Notes:: <3 Figured I'd start this out with a little Asta action :)
flashing and dancing on the horizon
shades of jade and emerald

Artist Credit to Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Yo-ho, Yo-ho - by Asta - 11-25-2021, 10:23 PM
RE: Yo-ho, Yo-ho - by Trevelyan - 11-30-2021, 04:42 PM
RE: Yo-ho, Yo-ho - by Asta - 12-06-2021, 12:13 AM
RE: Yo-ho, Yo-ho - by Trevelyan - 01-03-2022, 08:34 PM
RE: Yo-ho, Yo-ho - by Asta - 01-07-2022, 10:01 PM
RE: Yo-ho, Yo-ho - by Trevelyan - 02-01-2022, 04:51 PM
RE: Yo-ho, Yo-ho - by Asta - 02-22-2022, 12:46 PM