Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Drown the shadows

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A s t a
do you believe in reinarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
I roll over onto my back, puffing up a breath of air and watching the way my forelock danced in the breeze it made.

I couldn't help but groan, however, looking around my unofficial room with a sense of boredom.
Unofficial. I can't help but be amused by that fact, that thought.

I had a bad habit of sneaking in through the windows, crossing rooftops to get in. But I don't know if Liam was actually aware that I had moved into the Citadel. That I had made myself my own room. Bucky might know, he seemed to know everything that went on around here. He's kinda inspirational in that sense. Fill my mind with thoughts of 'I wanna be like Bucky when I grow up." But, back to the thought on hand. Did I actually let Liam know I was moving in?

I don't think so.

I just showed up one day, and never left. Have no real intention of leaving either. This was home now, simple as that. And a better home than my parents offered me, even if they still didn't hesitate to try and send guards to lead me hope. I'd heard the whispers in our circles. Of how I'd been swept away. How Liam was overstepping, abusing his power in trying to keep me from them.

How disappointed for them. Their pretty little bird isn't behind the gilded cage bars, ready to sing on cue.
How disappointing indeed.

I had been able to experience freedom now. And I wasn't going to give this shit up.
But, I was growing bored, which meant it was time for another adventure.

I roll over, glancing towards the door as I settle my hooves beneath me and rise up. Do I leave by the door? My eyes cut to the window, and the expanse of rooftops I could see, a slow grin appearing on my muzzle. Liam needed a few more grey hairs anyway, and how could I be a proper honorary, unofficial, and largely unknown to him; daughter if I don't give him grey hairs. Maybe one day I'll express my actual adoration and affection for all he has done for me, all he has offered me, and all that I've selfishly stolen for myself (like this room). But until that point, I snicker as I make my way towards the window, and shimmy my way out onto the rooftops.

I trot with an airy, and graceful sway, my steps light and playful, delicate and gentle. It's almost like dancing between the pillars, and spikes once used for defense. It's like an art, the way I dance my way around, the colorful shawl fashioned around my shoulders swaying with each step, the light reflecting off my jewelry. By the time I'd done the appropriate leaps and bounds and landed on the ground, I knew just where I wanted to go. I could practically hear the music in my head, feel the energy one of my favorite places held.

I turned towards Denocte, my hooves kicking up dust. The trip through the mountains was difficult enough, and despite some close calls, it wasn't long before I was among the markets, laughing as other entertainers would pull me into the occasional dance, exchange steps, showing me some newer moves I wasn't aware of (who knew you could dance with fabric like that! I'm going to need to find some) before someone pointed me towards the bar. I was still laughing as I walked inside with another entertainer, the other mare practically jingling with bells that had me wondering if I could enchant my own jewelry to do much the same. Liam might know someone. It'd drive him nuts to hear bells all around the Citadel as well!

I make my way to the bar, the lighting gleaming of the jewels and gold I wore, as I straightened my shawl midstep. "Hi, something light please! I don't think my new friends will let me stay away from the dancing for too long!" I state to the barkeep, delighted when some sort of mixed drink that tasted more like lemonade was passed in my direction. I took a sip, my gaze briefly dancing from individual to individual, not really bothering with actually looking too closely at them. I might have fun, open up a bit with the entertainers' crowd, but I still intend to keep my distance from everyone.

It's like a melancholy thought that cuts across the joy I'd been distracting myself with. I had forgotten briefly that these people won't remember me in their next lives, not as I would. I shake those thoughts away, I wanted to have a bit of fun. To dance. To forget.

Unfortunately, that knowledge was never far from the forefront of my mind.

It's one thing to pretend to be nice.

But in the end, I'm better off alone.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Rhysand
Notes:: Let's see how this goes. Haha
flashing and dancing on the horizon
shades of jade and emerald

Artist Credit to Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Drown the shadows - by Rhysand - 12-08-2021, 04:23 PM
RE: Drown the shadows - by Asta - 12-09-2021, 01:16 AM