Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Drown the shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A s t a
do you believe in reinarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
I could feel the sudden discomfort.

Like acid sliding over my body. Attention.
I should be used to it, right? I'd been to plenty of parties. Knew I was eye-catching. But it didn't make it good, great, grand.

Attention was horrible. Ugly. Unwanted.
It bred into the desire to get to know someone, to make friends, be merry and jolly - and not what I wanted for life. This stallion would understand that soon enough as he stepped closer, dipping his head, smiling as if that would relax me.

Instead, I cut my eyes to him, my smile dropping, my gaze sharpening like a knife ready to stab him. To knock him back, away from me, far, far, far, far away. I huff once, expression growing bored, uninterested as I turned my attention to him. My muzzle raised slightly, eyes narrowed, looking down my muzzle at him, as if he were beneath me.

I'd learned long ago the best way to chase off unwanted attention, put them off.

"Oh, are you actually trying to talk to me. " I drawl in my most apathetic tone, "Go bother someone else," My tone drops, sliding off my tongue like poisonous snakes. Hissing and spitting acid his way. "I don't enjoy talking to lessers." Liam would tan my hide if he heard me. But I was also rather determined to keep to myself. I'd rejoin the entertainers, if only to dance until I might catch a glimpse of her.

That didn't mean I wanted to hold conversation with any random brute that decided I needed company.

He doesn't get the picture, introducing himself, asking about me. My response is delivered quick, punctual, "Am not fucking interested." I snap the words, eyes now narrowed into an annoyed glare, stepping back and doing a once over as I glanced at him, "Go bother some other mare, yeah?" I retort, knocking the counter for another drink, as I forceably turned my back to this stranger, swishing my tail in a dismissive gesture.

Liam should be proud of me. I only cussed once!

Then he turned his attention back on me, after ordering once again and I felt myself groan in growing annoyance, "Seriously? What the fuck do you want? Can't you tell I'm not interested? Back the fuck off, you're encrouching into my space, and it's making you look clingy and desperate, not a good look for any stallion, I assure you. If you're so desperate for a good time, might I suggest you go stalk the gutters, you'd probably fit right in with those types." Okay, maybe that was mean, but seriously, what does it take to persuade a guy to leave a gal the fuck alone.

Maybe I shouldn't have left the dancers. At least they mind their own business, and limit themselves to just laughing and dancing. Men.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Rhysand
Notes:: Let's see how this goes. Haha
flashing and dancing on the horizon
shades of jade and emerald

Artist Credit to Bingo

Messages In This Thread
Drown the shadows - by Rhysand - 12-08-2021, 04:23 PM
RE: Drown the shadows - by Asta - 12-09-2021, 01:16 AM
RE: Drown the shadows - by Rhysand - 12-22-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: Drown the shadows - by Asta - 12-22-2021, 02:48 PM