Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dismiss the invisible

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 4
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Rosario (Rose Hivemind)

i'm insane
well, i can feel it in my bones
coursing through my veins,
when did i become so cold?
The mare had gotten herself lost. An amused smile touched her muzzle at the thought, the icy night wrapping around her lean frame with the embrace that allowed an abundance of comfort. She didn't mind of course - being lost, or the weather. She was enjoying both as one of her kind where likely to do. The cold flurries didn't bother her as they touched her own marble-cold skin, her muzzle parting to display the touch of fang as she breathed in the crisp air.

She preferred these little things, making her feel a touch more alive when she was fairly certain 'alive' didn't properly count for her. She hadn't been alive in centuries, after all. Her dear departed husband had made sure of that on their wedding night. Now she was un-alive, the living-dead, the un-dead. She tossed those thoughts away, to continue walking, wild mulberry wine curls dancing in a chaotic wildness behind her.

She continued to move about calmly, meandering smoothly through the streets of this court. She remembered it when she was younger. She'd seen it as it was built up. For a time she'd been part of it. Of course, times changed, rulers changed, she'd slept for a long time as well - stuck in a suspended state of hibernation for hundreds of years before her sire, her beloved master who had granted her this un-life had awoken her.

She pauses, to see a small, frail form in the distance, and almost instantly a bubbling emotions swirls to the front most of her mind. Concern, curiosity. Despite her rather grim fate, Valan was nothing less than a caretaker, a mothering individual who made it her life mission to set others on a good track, ensuring health and happiness for all of their time in this grand world.

And she was curious to a fault.

Valan was soon following, the vampiric mare light on her hooves, the soft clinking of the gold chains against her neck, as the ribbons tied around her tail, around her throat danced as wildly as her mane and tail did. She easily passes through the entrance as the one used to transversing the shadows unseen would be able to do.

She'd lost sight of the other, and so it is with a pause that she tries to figure out where to go before she sees the candlelight flickering against a form, and slowly Valan creeps forward, curious to see the slip of a mare stand before what appeared to be a statue, tributes at the hooves of the immortalized goddess. Valan may have slept for a lengthy period of time, but she recognized the relief of Caligo well enough.

The mare had set something down herself, a number of something, muffins, mushrooms, sprigs of herbs that smelled sour to the nose of the mare who struggled to drink anything beyond the nectar of life. It twisted her belly slightly, to know, to remember how the smell of a fresh-baked muffin once woke her merrily in the morn, and now it smelled sour and decayed, and taste of ash upon her tongue.

The other spoke to the goddess, and Valan turned away, beginning to feel like perhaps she was intruding, before pausing when she heard the falter, the slight intake of breath that signaled emotional distress. She pauses, turning back in surprise to see the other appeared crying now. It tugged at the heart strings of the vampire who couldn't bring herself to harm another (only one had ever felt the bite of her fangs, and she couldn't drink from a source since that first and only kill of the man who'd murdered her upon the marriage bed).

She was still silent but watching as the mare seemed to sink, legs folding until she lay at the base of the altar, looking up at the goddess. Silence stretched again, before the mare seemed to come about once more, a song leaving her muzzle. It sounded of the gospel, but it was a demonstration of how times changed that this was not a song Valan was familiar with. She remained still for a long moment more before finally stepping forward.

It was difficult to step with more purpose, but she made sure to do so, letting her hooves echo off the stone walls, rather than silently tread as most of her species did. She's careful to keep her face gentle, kind, rose-pink eyes watching the other with a softness that she was known for, the same softness that typically had her master warning her that not all mortals were so welcoming as she was to them. She kept her fangs well hidden to the best of her ability, so as not to alarm the other, "Good evening, child." The immortal whispered gently, smiling softly, "I hate to bother you and do hope you shan't rebuke my company. But you're song was simply divine. I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with the lyrics, least I'd have joined you in gospel." She pauses, both her words and her approach, eyes widening in slight dismay, "Oh, forgive my insolence, I've forgotten introductions. My name is Valan. Might I inquire yours?" That same soft, and gentle smile back in place.

@Thomasin
for goodness sake
where is my self control?
if home is where my heart is
then my heart has lost all hope
x | x

Messages In This Thread
dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-15-2021, 11:57 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 01:07 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 11:42 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 06:47 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 10:24 PM