Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dismiss the invisible

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 4
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Rosario (Rose Hivemind)

i'm insane
well, i can feel it in my bones
coursing through my veins,
when did i become so cold?
The small little thing had turned her attention to the vampiress, and as such Valan made sure to hold herself still (while making sure she wasn't perfectly, unnaturally still - she still liked to pretend she was alive, after all). So she allowed herself to breath, the slight shifting of weight, small things that were unnoticeable to most, but when you deprived yourself of them you became . . . peculiar, unalive, noticeably still. And with the way the slip of a mare was taking her in, Valan had the particular opinion this small creature would have likely noticed any such oddities. Yet, there was a noteably sense of slight unease about being looked over so clearly. Would she notice the unnaturalness? The way the veins of her skin were actual cracks. Would she see the darkness around her eyes was more than just cosmetics?

Valan does, however, see the wince at the terms used, and instantly a sense of regret flashes through the immortal's being. Everyone was but a child to her, however. She'd been alive so, so long ago. Stuck in an eternal half-life now for centuries upon centuries. To where she'd hibernated years, upon years, of her life away with little thought or regard to what she might have missed while she slept. She did pause her speech when the other, this delicate creature (smaller than even herself was), stepped towards her. Valan felt a pause, confusion by the awe that seemed to emanate from the other mare. Even if she knew that she shouldn't be too surprised. She was a vampire; they were known to be extraordinarily lovely - hypnotizing if only to draw in their prey before the bite.

Didn't mean Valan appreciated that nasty side of her people. It's why she didn't drink from the source, didn't participate in the hunt. Only the need to drink the nectar of life at all allowed her to sip from chilled goblets pulled from a reserve. Harvested so she might not starve herself in her desperation to not be one of the monsters the mortals viewed her kind as. It didn't take too much longer for the young creature to seem to take another shift in behavior. Her eyes had blown wide, and she shifted with growing discomfort, retreating even as she apologized.

Valan's features shifted into a mild amusement, the sort that was innocently given rather than mockingly directed. She didn't have the darkness in her to ever be mocking. Still, she offered her name, curious about the one she would be given in return. The full name, however, was a surprise. Thomasin Gray. Should she have introduced herself fully? Or would that too have been too much? Would she have been too much? Instead, Valan merely inclined her head, her smile twisting into a soft, friendly expression, "It is a delight to make your acquaintance, Miss Thomasin."

The other turned more towards her, but it was the way that hair lay that drew Valan's eye, though of course she could smell more than she could see, yet it didn't smell like a festering wound - which held her curiosity. The vampire was drawn back to Thomasin directly at the posed question, noting the dear's lack of eye contact. She smiled, closed-mouthed; to keep her fangs hidden still, her gaze turning back to the effigy in curiosity, "Not today, I do not think. I cannot be so certain Caligo, nor her siblings; would have any desire to hear from one such as myself. Though, I wouldn't dismiss the insight, that should any of the deities wish to hear the words and whispers of such a soul, it would be Caligo. After all, who else would ruminate upon the wishes of a being so confined to the night." The vampire's words had softened, almost to the point of being solely for her own ears, despite the fact they were spoken to Thomasin.

Valan paused then, her attention returning to the other, and a gentle smile returned, chasing away the shadows that had taken over her features for a brief moment. It was true, Valan struggled at times with what her life had become - of the darkness she was now enthralled by. So entangled by the webs of the night, the same brush of daylight could lead her to pain and suffrage. Her rose-tinted gaze watched the other, as she shifted, the slight clink of chains, the subtle brush of rose petals against razor-sharp thorned vines, "And you, Miss Thomasin, do you often kneel prone before the divine? I haven't entertained many who devote their lives to worship in my numerous years. Of course, many of the most enthralled by the gods consider my presence a slight against such consecrated ground." Her gaze returned once more to the patron of this Court, her expression gentling, "It's a tragedy, how often fear can corrupt devotions." And how often that fear can see her being placed in the crosshairs. Targeted by those who consider her a sinful being of evil.

@Thomasin
for goodness sake
where is my self control?
if home is where my heart is
then my heart has lost all hope
x | x

Messages In This Thread
dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-15-2021, 11:57 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 01:07 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 11:42 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 06:47 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 10:24 PM