Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dismiss the invisible

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 26 — Threads: 4
Signos: 355
Night Court Artisan
Female [she / her / hers]  |  8 [Year 503 Spring]  |  13.2 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

temptable2
the bitterness of winter or the sweetness of spring
you are an artist and your heart is your masterpiece

Friend.

This kind encounter between two strangers, between the innocent and the damned, had turned into a night that Thomasin would not forget. The flames around them danced in harmony with the whisper of winter wind, and while a bit chilly, budding excitement kept Thomasin cozy.

The creature in front of her spoke of the rose that clung to her chest and how it was dormant. With a prolonged blink, the lamb kinked her head, befuddlement twisting her mouth into a pout. As quickly as it came, it was replaced with a soft smile. “I look forward to the day we can meet.” Was Valantine insinuating that she could speak to flowers? Thomasin couldn’t help but feel slight jealousy – she wished she could speak to flowers. She gave a wayward glance to the flora that poked through the fibers of her thick tail. 

I wish I could ask you why you chose to grow here.

With the slight distraction of her own self-loathing, she didn’t notice the slow and careful snaking of Valan’s head closer to her body. By the time she had turned her head back, it was too late. She touched her.

It was a snap of white lightening. All the hairs on Thomasin’s skin were standing on end as she stiffened into a petrified husk.

In this slice of time, she had forgotten that the pale one was a hunter, designed to kill her, crafted and suited with the tools to seduce and destroy. It would be so simple to understand why a fawn might freeze as a wolf sniffs them. Preserving your own life was important, if not instinct. But alas, Thomasin had become a statue not because she felt like her life was in danger, but because a beautiful, strange woman had touched her. And then followed with calling her remarkable.

The lamb could have sworn her eardrums imploded: deafness flooded her ability to correctly process the events that were unfolding in front of her. Friend, remarkable, and a gentle touch that left a warm sting upon her knee. She blinked once, twice, then looked down at the spot where the velvet muzzle had made contact with her skin, wondering why Valan was lingering – only to realize that she had already withdrawn herself. The heat of her touch stayed long after she pulled away. Her heart danced catastrophically in her chest, creating a softened cadence against the mossy membranes and fragile roots that held it in place.

A thousand sentiments bounced in her head. A part of her wanted to brush off the compliment, argue with it, because it was something so difficult to accept. She used to get into heated debates with her father whenever he would shower her with affection. Her mother chastised her every single time. Accept it, don’t dwell, move on.

I don’t believe you.

“Thank you.”

The dazzle of Valan’s touch would eventually subside, and Thomasin would be able to decipher herself more clearly. “I have never been to Terrastella, though I’ve heard stories about their medical practices.” Thomasin hadn’t indulged in the histories or cultures of the other Kingdoms, she wouldn’t be able to tell you their patriarchy structures – or matriarchy, like the one she was currently in. But she did know that Terrastella had a hospital that was well guarded and protected; her father once traveled to the swamps in order to seek knowledge on her condition. But when he was turned away, he had come home angry at the Terrastellians, speaking to his wife that they didn’t actually know as much as they gloated about, upset that they were insisting that Thomasin was just fine.

The familiar smile would touch her own mouth, but eventually blossom into a heart-warming grin. She spoke playfully, “You live in a manor? I’d expect no less for a lady.”

At the mention of the sun, Thomasin instinctively turned her face towards the entrance, relieved to see that the sun had yet to break the horizon. The harbinger dawn was still out of sight, but she knew that time was not going to be on their side. There would not be enough minutes to fully indulge herself in the pleasure of learning more about the vampiress. And it vibrated her to the core when the pale one teased at visiting.

Thomasin was quick to respond. “You wish to visit me? I’m currently housed in a small brick cottage at the foot of the mountains – the Arma mountains. It’s humble, but it’s home. You’ll know its mine because the roof is completely covered with moss, if not snow.” She giggled quietly. “I’ve never been outside of Denocte, but perhaps with a willing friend, I might be given a tour of Terrastella?” The vulnerability in her pitch matched the other’s. “Either way, it would please me to see you again.” 

In her gleeful naivety, she followed with, “If you host, I’ll be sure to bring dessert.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"talking." thinking.

tagged: @Valan

vibing to: X
CODE IMAGE

Messages In This Thread
dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-15-2021, 11:57 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 01:07 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 11:42 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 06:47 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 10:24 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 11:24 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-19-2021, 02:56 AM