Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dismiss the invisible

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 4
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Rosario (Rose Hivemind)

i'm insane
well, i can feel it in my bones
coursing through my veins,
when did i become so cold?
It was like a calling to stay close. To continue to get to know the little dove of a mare she’d stumbled across. She was soft, gentle, pure. Everything Valan wanted to be, everything Valan wasn’t. And yet, it was necessarily envy that kept her close. She couldn’t bring herself to truly envy such a gentle, such a soft creature, whose wide doe eyes could still her thoughts without effort. Whatever it was about Thomasin, Valan couldn’t imagine ending this meeting early.

The interactions hadn’t been easy to begin with, but as time grew, it settled into a comfortable companionship. A relaxation Valan hadn’t been able to experience with a mortal in such a very long time. Every little thing about Thomasin kept her firmly rooted to these hallowed halls, eager to learn more about her, to learn why she carried so much weight on her shoulders. Why she couldn’t see how beautiful she was, an elegant doe with all the regal grace at her disposal. Did Thomasin really not realize how extraordinary she was? And she thought Valan was the stately one. Valan was a product of a cursed life, a half-life. Thomasin was the breath of fresh air after a torrential downpour. Refreshing, and invigorating. Valan was only capable of destruction.

Would her presence lead to destruction for Thomasin as well? She was but a monster, a demon stealing the precious time of an angel. A cruel creature of darkness trying to bask in the light of a being who radiated with purity. And yet, her ears couldn’t help pitch forward, catching every soft whisper from the maw of the earthen goddess, who wore a garden in her chest. Valan smiled softly at the tilt to Thomasin’s head, the pout stealing a giggle from the vampiress’s pink lips, "It shall be the first thing I do upon his reawakening.” She promised. And then she noticed the glance, the look towards the hole in the chest of the lamb.

There was one avenue of concern that her mind couldn’t help but follow. Not only was Thomasin unaware of her own prowess . . . but she seemed too loath the very things Valan couldn’t help but be in awe of. It was a silent thought, as the vampire moved too slowly; a silent acknowledgement that she wanted to help Thomasin see her own worth. She surely was worth much more than Valan.

She wasn’t expecting the reaction to her touch though, even if she should of known. Of course Thomasin wouldn’t welcome it. She was a monster, a demon, murderer, hunter, killer. Valan was quick to withdraw, if only to reassure the damsel she was in no danger from the vampires. Had Valan known the real reason Thomasin had frozen, perhaps she would have lingered. But just as Thomasin had her own issues with worth, so did Valan. And Valan still couldn’t see past the fangs and blood-thirsty eyes.

It didn’t stop her in her goals of letting the angel see what she was worth – calling her remarkable, as it was the only truth in Valan’s eyes. Thomasin seemed to blink, looking down at where Valan had touched, and the vampire felt the need to apologize, to promise not to distress her again, to not reach out where her touch was unwelcome, "I . . . sorry, I was only wishing to obtain your attention, to reassure. I . . . didn’t mean to cause you any distress Mi, er; Thomasin.” The vampire stated gently, her gaze sweeping to the floor between them, ears pinning back as if waiting for the barrage of disgust. How long could she truly keep the company of a creature of purity, before she’d be inevitably swept back into the darkness and forgot. Perhaps, just a few minutes more. For some foolish reason, the idea of bidding Thomasin fair well, to never see her again was such an obscure thought.

It was only then that she remembered that the little lamb had thanked her, before she’d felt the need to apologize, but by now the conversation was flowing again, and Valan tilted her head at the comment of the medicinal practices of Terrastella. The kingdom had only just began specializing when she’d turned in for a long period of rest. "You’ll have to forgive me, I’m afraid I’m not too familiar with what any of the courts currently specialize in. Everything was only really setting off prior to my rest.” The vampire admitted quietly, before smiling at the playful tone, her gaze softening when that grin touched Thomasin’s muzzle, when it was directed towards her. "Oh, I cannot take claim of it. It’s my master’s home. He likes pretty things, I’m certain it’s why he keeps me around. I’ll have to be careful he never catches sight of you, least he steals you away as well.” The ghostly mare stated with a playful smile.
As Thomasin turned to take in the time of night, Valan couldn’t help but laugh, the sound sweeping around them like the merry clinging of bells, "Oh, fret not, dear Thomasin. I try to keep a close eye upon the time. I am sure you can imagine, but I’m not too fond of being caught out when the sun starts its climb to the zenith.” Of course, no matter how much she enjoyed the time together thus far, every night would have to end, and perhaps earlier than she may prefer, as most mortals tend to sleep at night.

The thought spurred a touch of concern, immediately looking towards Thomasin, "Oh, I’m being fairly inconsiderate, keeping your attention as I am. Are you certain you are alright keeping me company this late into the night. Surely you will need your sleep, will you not?” The knowledge of where to find the mare was a gift Valan would hold to her heart – a small brick cottage, at the base of the mountains. She, however; was not expecting the returned response of a tour of Terrastella. Valan’s eyes lit up, her entire face transforming into a look of pure delight at the thought. Someone would be willing to come and visit her, to spend time with her? "I would be delighted to host you any time you wish to visit, Thomasin. My master’s manor is on the outskirts of the Dusk Court capital. It’s the only manor in the outskirts, so it shan’t be hard to miss, as we prefer our privacy and do not wish to be among the elite in the ‘obnoxiously rich district’ as my Master calls it.” The vampire shares.

Her gaze softens then, smiling gently, "I do swear, should you ever approach the manor, I shall gladly host you for as long as you wish to stay. And upon my honor, no harm shall come to you while you are visiting my home.” Her gaze briefly turns more serious, a determination to assure the doe-like creature of her safety, "I’ll be certain the others know, you’re not the dessert.” After all, she wasn’t the only vampire who lived there.
@Thomasin
for goodness sake
where is my self control?
if home is where my heart is
then my heart has lost all hope
x | x

Messages In This Thread
dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-15-2021, 11:57 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 01:07 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 11:42 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 06:47 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 10:24 PM