Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - dismiss the invisible

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 4
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Rosario (Rose Hivemind)

i'm insane
well, i can feel it in my bones
coursing through my veins,
when did i become so cold?
They say it takes time to learn the moods and switches of someone new, just as it takes time to be able to understand the way someone things, the way the live, and experience life. Valan was well aware she didn't know Thomasin enough, at all. Not yet, I'll just have to strive too. Purely because one should know their friends well, that was all. She was determined to know everything that went own inside the lovely doe's head. All of her thoughts, her secrets, her hopes and dreams. She wanted to know the Thomasin beyond the quiet mare. Her favorite food, and color, and hobby. What made her cry, and laugh, and love.

Despite their time together thus far, there was still just too much she didn't know. Thomasin may no longer be a stranger, but Valan wouldn't stop here. She yearned for more. But the little lamb was delicate, a gentle spirit who couldn't be pressed too far, couldn't be rushed. And Valan thought it would be time well-spent to nurture this friendship, to watch it grow.

She watched those delicate shoulders slump, those sterling eyes fall, and Valan found herself yearning to reach out again, to draw those lovely eyes back up, to see this bud open up and flower into the prettiest blossom in all of Novus "Thomasin . . ." She whispers the lamb's name like a prayer, the most perfect word she could ever know. "I may not know what thoughts run through your mind, but your body language speaks volumes, darling." The endearment slips free of her maw without concern, too focused on wanting to see this mare look less like she's trying to hide within herself, "Our friendship may still be new, but I do not like seeing you look so reserved. Please, Thomasin, do not hide yourself from me." Valan lowered her own head in an attempt to catch those soft moonshine eyes, her own pale gaze reassuring, "I want to know you, Thomasin. All of you. Every thought, wish, desire, dream, favorite things, and what draws your smile. But I will be patient, waiting until you offer these things one by one, freely and on your terms. So please, do not hide from me - You shall never do anything that warrants such behaviors."

She didn't know if Thomasin would believe her, but she didn't hesitate to admit it, feeling no shame for being so forthright. It was all in the name of friendship, right? But she did see the little flower starting to drop, eyes growing hooded, before finally agreeing upon the late hour. A pang shot through Valan's still heart at the thought of farewell, and this time she could almost think she may understand. And then Thomasin yawned, and Valan couldn't help but laugh fondly.

As Thomasin rose to her feet, so did Valan, who couldn't stop the smile at her words, as Thomasin turned to the exit, "And you shall." Valan's hooves carried her forward at the other's final words, and in a moment of boldness, she briefly brushed her cheek against Thomasin's, the gentlest of nuzzles, "Of course you won't, little flower. This is merely farewell until next time, not goodbye. You'll have to visit me soon, darling, or I'll miss you too dearly and will have to come to steal you away for a few hours." The vampire stated, winking gently, before she kicked up her heels and let herself disappear into the night -Staying in the shadows of Denocte only long enough to ensure Thomasin would make it home safely before returning to Terrastella.

@Thomasin
for goodness sake
where is my self control?
if home is where my heart is
then my heart has lost all hope
x | x

Messages In This Thread
dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-15-2021, 11:57 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 01:07 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 11:42 AM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Valan - 12-16-2021, 06:47 PM
RE: dismiss the invisible - by Thomasin - 12-16-2021, 10:24 PM