Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Another Life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

Well, that confirmed it then. He had survived. Not a ghost, not a corpse. Just a very badly burnt and injured Sooty colt. Aeon’s charred flesh was malodorous, the stench wafting with each movement he made. The constant pain he experienced threatened to push him back to that state of nothingness. There had almost certainly been a time where he had been laying here, unconscious - it took mental will to keep his focus. His instincts would not let him lay vulnerable and exposed. 

Groaning, he pulled himself up, sitting on his back hunches. Feathers falling from his wings, surrounding him. He did not mourn his feathers, they had not been of great use up to this moment. If he was able to fly he wouldn’t be in this mess, and he wouldn’t have angered the Mountain. This was not a natural position either, he did not feel safe. He swayed trying to keep himself upright. He splayed his front legs to give himself better support, knowing that he would have to regain use of his legs if he was to survive. 

His mind flipped in a circle acknowledging this new information that not all creatures here had wings. There were others that were also grounded. Maybe this land would be more suitable to a grounded being such as himself.  If he didn’t survive; the suitability of this new world would be irrelevant. 

Sweat dripped down across his back and neck; causing a thick lather on his burns. His breaths remained labored. He had never known such suffering and pain in his short existence. The other stallions' words settled in his mind. He could get him help if he needed it. Another bubble of shame welled in his chest. “I think…I need”, he panted. He was unable to find the words to phrase his desires. It was evident that he would need something. Logic was hard to reach in the crevices of a broken mind when overwhelmed by such agony. 

He opened his eyes wider and sighed, collecting broken fragments of thoughts together. “Aeon.” he said in one word. “I need help, I will not be a burden if only I can survive.” he vocalized with the burden of shame. 

ooc: @Buchanan

Messages In This Thread
Another Life - by Aeon - 12-20-2021, 08:46 AM
RE: Another Life - by Buchanan - 12-21-2021, 01:42 PM
RE: Another Life - by Aeon - 12-21-2021, 04:32 PM
RE: Another Life - by Buchanan - 12-21-2021, 05:52 PM
RE: Another Life - by Aeon - 12-21-2021, 06:19 PM