Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Splash?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
and if the house just keeps on winning
i got a wildcard up my sleeve
and if love keeps giving me lemons
i'll just mix 'em in my drink
She couldn't stop the slight smile.

The young male seemed so lost, so confused at the moment as he awkwardly poked his tongue into the liquid, "Careful!" She cautioned in concern, "It'll be hot. Most prefer to use their telekinesis to lift, and sip at it slowly. It's less likely to burn that way. Do you need an ice cube for it?" She asked in concern. Still she wouldn't let that distract her from what she needed to, quietly watching him drink every drop down, even as she gently began to dampen the clumps in his fur.

There was so much debris.

She knew soaking them for as long as possible would be ideal, and so as she dabbed and allowed water to sit on his pelt, penetrating the clumps and dried filth and cleaning away the bits she could just by a gentle, but thorough washing, she observed him distracting himself with the treats and snacks she had laid out. She smiled to see him try the first one, dipping the rag into the clean water again, and cleaning another patch of burnt skin, carefully removing the dead layers, as he seemed to enjoy the treat, even as he coughed slightly.

She laughed gently again,

"You'll want to be careful, some of those are pretty flaky. I don't know how damaged your throat is from any potential smoke, or ash." She warned, nodding when he rasped out a request to not stop. Setting the rag aside, she picked up a wide toothed comb that she saved for instances like that, telekinetic-ally running it through some of the clumps to his fur. After having been soaking up the water for a while now, she was able to run it through the clumps fairly easily, shaking it off onto the floor to drop the mud, loose hair, and gunk, slowly cleaning up his pelt until after a long while of working, the majority of it was finally in a better state. Sure, he still had a lot of burnt areas, that needed it's own treatment, but now she could see the extent of the damage.

She let the wounds breath for the moment.

Gathering the items she had used, she quietly got rid of the water pails, swept the floor, to get rid of the gunk she'd removed from his pelt, before refilling his tea with a sweet drink of mostly chamomile, lemon and honey to help soothe any sourness in his throat, this time making sure the temperature was less hot so he could drink it more easily, and then restocking his plate of treats - adding a few more healthy options, like a variety of fruit, honey and granola bites, and a variety of fruit. "Alright, so next, I'm going to treat the parts of your skin that look severely burnt, as well as any cuts or scrapes I might find. It's just placing this mixture here on it. There's herbs in here to help encourage skin to heal, as well as keep nasty gunk from infecting your wounds, as well as keeping pain down to a minimum. After that, I'll pack it with some leaves, before wrapping it in some bandages, unless it's small enough to just need a temporary cobweb bandaging." The explanation was for him, since he didn't seem to know to much, even as she began to gently smear the paste mixture over the wounded areas on his body, making sure it was thick enough to do it's work properly, but not so thick to be wasteful.

Once that was in place, she finally began to bandage.

She wrapped the wounds very carefully, taking time to make sure they would be snug, but not so tight to press into him and hurt, as well as not impair his movement any. Stepping back, she offered a kind smile, "How does that feel now? Any better? I would recommend you come back every couple days - maybe three or four - so I can reapply the healing mixture, and make sure it's all healing properly, but that'll help you start getting yourself fixed up at least." She offered gently, with another small smile

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: <3

and if the whole wide world stops singing
and all the stars go dark
i'll keep a light on in my soul
keep a bluebird in my heart
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Splash? - by Aeon - 01-04-2022, 12:02 AM
RE: Splash? - by Caelum - 01-04-2022, 06:39 PM