Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Bonds of...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 1,400
Dusk Court Soldier
Male [He/his]  |  6 [Year 505 Spring]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 42  |    Active Magic: Aegis  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm ready to bleed to make amends
And sleep in this dirt we call our bed
So tell me your secrets
And join me in pieces
To fall and rewrite the bitter end

It was easiest for Aeon to stand and simply listen to what Odile had to say. The stallion spoke with more words than what he found available to say. Odile was graceful and beautiful, with fluffy functional wings. How freeing it would be to just be able to fly wherever you wanted to go. “Yup that’s me, I landed in the fields after falling down an erupting volcano” he confirmed as recounted the simplest version of his arrival story. 

He tilted his head at the next set of words Odile spoke. Not from here. “Where did you fall from?” he asked softly, his curiosity piqued. He looked nothing like his homeland herd so there was no way they were actually related, or had fallen from the same place. All the same it was interesting to encounter someone with a similar experience. At least it seemed like their cognition hadn’t been shaken or ruined. It wasn’t unusual for a flying warrior to fall in his homeland and lose their ability to speak sense. It was all very tragic, and the herd did not tolerate any burdens…

The mention of a mountain also held his interest. Maybe there was something enlightening to be found on this mountain. Maybe it would have some sort of clues about how falling from various places resulted in horses arriving at Novus. The concept that gods and goddesses were actually a real thing wasn’t entirely new.  But it was novel that they would be accessible to him. The elders and ancients of his clan were exclusively for those that could visit them in the higher volcano tunnels. 

“Please tell me we can get to this mountain without having to fly. Surely there’s someone here who can teach us some history, without having to go all that way” he said with a sigh. Realizing that he might once again be stopped from ascending heights due to his lack of flight.  

He listened to the words Odile had to say. “We don’t have to be unofficial brothers, Odile you are my official brother.” he said plainly, closing the distance between them and aiming to rest his large forehead gently against Odile’s. He was unused to such feelings of affection, of open warmth. But each day he was learning something new, he was well and truly open to having an official brother.

ooc: @Odile <3

Messages In This Thread
Bonds of... - by Aeon - 01-17-2022, 11:05 AM
RE: Bonds of... - by Odile - 01-17-2022, 06:17 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Aeon - 01-18-2022, 01:50 AM
RE: Bonds of... - by Odile - 01-18-2022, 12:56 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Aeon - 01-18-2022, 02:23 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Odile - 01-22-2022, 07:45 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Aeon - 01-22-2022, 09:56 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Odile - 01-29-2022, 02:40 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Aeon - 02-01-2022, 08:17 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Odile - 02-22-2022, 08:06 PM