Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Bonds of...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Dusk Court Magician
Male [He/Him/His]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  14 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

o d i l e

someone holds me safe and warm,
horses prance through a silver storm
figures dancing gracefully across my memory

I won't lie, I'm curious about this new stallion, new member to the family! It was fun, exciting, and while there was sure to be a gap from age, I could only hope we would be able to be good friends. I tilt my head, briefly having to shake back the abundance of ivory curls that fell into my dark eyes, smiling warmly at this sooty looking pegasus who still seemed to have so much growing to do. Did I look like this as a colt? Well, no, I was probably a lot more gangly. An ugly duckling that had to be given time to flourish into a swan. Unfortunately, the swan part stuck pretty hard, huh? Oh, right. Keep focused, Odile. Focus.

I blink in surprise, it's hard not to be surprised when you hear something like this. He fell . . . from an erupting volcano, where had he even found a volcano to fall from? Where there any in Novus? Yet, he landed in the fields of Ter . . . . er, whatever this land is called (please don't ever ask me the name of the fields, or the swamp . . . I think the cliffs are like 'Amigo Cliffs' or something? Great heavens, I definitely don't remember. But, I don't remember there being any volcano around here?
The stallion is clearly confused, his gaze searching the windows around the pair, as if trying to find the volcano he spoke of, "There's a volcano around here?! Where? How have I not seen it yet? Am I really that oblivious." Then the colt - the much taller than he was colt, asked where he had fallen from, and once more the swan-stallion was confused, head tilting to the side, with wide blinking eyes, "The, uh, sky? I was just tired I think . . . Kinda fell out of the sky from wariness. But I had been flying for a very, very, very, very long time! And I was just super tired! I'm not usually that clumbsy . . . well, I am, but that is besides the point." Odile added with an almost air of desperation to not look like the sort who couldn't take care of himself (spoiler alert: he really shouldn't be allowed to.)

The topic moved onto the mountain, and the goddesses and gods that are supposed to have large effigies up there. At the younger stallion's words, he had to laugh, "Yes, we could reach it with out flying! There's a path that leads up it. I remember seeing the path when I was flying by it! We could totally walk there. Well, we could but it would have to be after dark. Anytime we wanna do things, it'd be best to wait after dark, otherwise, I'll have to work around my curse, and that's not easy, or fun." It felt odd admitting it out loud, but . . . Aeon was family, which meant that he could be told (or that was Odile's thinking - his family could know the truth about him, of his affliction when the sun rose.

"But we can also look for someone else to teach us history too! Or even visit the library in . . . uhm . . . De-lune or what ever the Dawn Court place is called! I bet there is all kinds of books in there!" The princeling swan stated with a reassuring smile, only to pause at the other's sudden words. He blinks up in surprise at the larger, but younger stallion, as he rests his much larger forehead against Odile's much smaller one, before the swan-cursed stallion grins brightly, "Alright then! Brothers!" He agreed with all of the warmth and affection he could push into those three words! He's already a whole lot better, and nicer than Asta!

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Aeon
Notes: <3 <3

Lineart © Darya87 @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
Bonds of... - by Aeon - 01-17-2022, 11:05 AM
RE: Bonds of... - by Odile - 01-17-2022, 06:17 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Aeon - 01-18-2022, 01:50 AM
RE: Bonds of... - by Odile - 01-18-2022, 12:56 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Aeon - 01-18-2022, 02:23 PM
RE: Bonds of... - by Odile - 01-22-2022, 07:45 PM