Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - crossing state lines

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Dusk Court Magician
Male [He/Him/His]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  14 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

o d i l e

someone holds me safe and warm,
horses prance through a silver storm
figures dancing gracefully across my memory

This little swan was an eager swan, wanting to interact, and make friends. And so while the other birds may have been content to pick up snacks, he had waddled his way towards the little mare (likely smaller than even he was when he was in his normal form). His large black eyes shined with warmth, seeing her genuine smile, but the tear treks remained, and he knew pretty ladies weren't supposed to cry. And so he had approached, he had spoken, and he had embraced her. She was startled, of course she was, but he couldn't deny the need to comfort, his head against her knee, eyes looking up at her. She seemed to pause, to blink at the tears, before she'd started to chuckle.

Laughter was better than crying at least. He would gladly accept the laughter. He pulled back as she mentioned she was just a baker, not a princess, before asking if he was special to be able to talk. "Of course I'm special! But you wouldn't believe me if I told you how. And just because you're a baker doesn't mean you can't be a princess!" He added, before plucking one of his own feathers and holding it out as if a sword, "So what scallywag has made the princess cry! Point me in their direction, and . . . well, it's only a feather, but I could tickle them to death in your honor!" He stated with a flamboyant energy.

He did settle shortly after, her face pressed to her leg, as if to hide her tears, and he gently lowered that feather, dropping it so he might press his tiny head against her small face, "I'm sorry that has upset you so much, miss Thomasin. I haven't been in Ter-ah-what's-it-called, Dusk Court; but maybe I can help you? And if not, I can take you to Liam, he's super nice, the king of this place, and I bet he'd love to help you out. What do you say miss Thomasin, can I be your knight in white feathers, and save your day? All i ask in return is you tell any handsome stallions you meet of the kind white knight named Odile in Dusk, and how he's devilishly handsome, and single. You can take my word for it, when I'm not in swan form, I'm super, super, duper handsome. I promise."

Kill two birds (metaphorically, please don't kill the birds, Odile would be most disappointed) with one stone here - help the poor maiden, and maybe find his future boyfriend. What a good start to his day!

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Thomasin
Notes: <3 <3

Lineart © Darya87 @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
crossing state lines - by Thomasin - 01-17-2022, 03:38 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Odile - 01-17-2022, 04:33 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Thomasin - 01-21-2022, 03:52 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Odile - 01-26-2022, 06:32 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Thomasin - 01-29-2022, 02:21 PM
RE: crossing state lines - by Odile - 02-22-2022, 07:52 PM