Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - close the door, confess your sins

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 26 — Threads: 4
Signos: 355
Night Court Artisan
Female [she / her / hers]  |  8 [Year 503 Spring]  |  13.2 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

temptable2

As her heart plummeted in her chest, Thomasin was not a stranger to the feelings that suddenly took her body hostage. Saucer ears would wilt at either side of her head as she listened to the answers the Amazonian gave her – why she expected anything different, she wasn’t sure. Perhaps if she was honest from the beginning, she wouldn’t have found herself in this scenario. Doe eyes would blink as she looked at the cobblestone, deafened to the flurries of citizens moving around them as they carried on with their morning.

A subtle venom was laced in the tigeress’ voice – Thomasin was sure of it. She knew how she looked in comparison: meek, fragile, a flake of ash in the presence of a mighty flame. 

A deep breath would shoot from her mouth as tears threatened to spill over her cheeks and render her an absolute fool. 

Do you slay dragons? Do you rescue maidens? The sword at your side, do you wield it? Are you a hero to the people? 

Can you teach me how to be brave?

“I apologize, it was out of my place.”

Thomasin’s mouth was in a straight line as she elevated her head, overcast eyes void of any sparkle they momentarily held. The silence would grow between them, the lamb observant as she painted one last mental image of this stranger; any and all stories she could have admired blown away with the winter breeze, a fleeting feeling of naivety and embarrassment would replace her daydreams. 

She could have sworn, just for a second, she was talking to her mother.

“Of course, you have business to tend to, my mistake for interrupting.” Thomasin would linger in her stare for a moment more, the tears that once rimmed her eyes had disappeared, and she would turn her body away in a melancholy fashion, a bit numbed.

The dusty mare would refuse to make eye contact with her, a sudden and abnormal coldness taking residence in her head, empty eyes blinking with a final dip of her head. “May Caligo be with you in your journeys.”

And just like that, Thomasin would depart from her brief moment of boldness and bewilderment and return to her pursuit of morning worship just as soft as she was before. 

"talking."
tagged: @Antiope she's such a squish so im gonna close this one out! 
CODE IMAGE

Messages In This Thread
close the door, confess your sins - by Antiope - 01-23-2022, 06:32 PM
RE: close the door, confess your sins - by Thomasin - 02-26-2022, 10:23 PM