Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Artificial Suicide

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
welcome to the end of eras
ice has melted back to life
done my time and served my sentence
dress me up and watch me die

The air was cold, a bite in the wind.

As a being of Summer, she had never enjoyed the winter. Still, now, as she grew older, as she grew into her majority, the gifts she was slowly being given passed through her bloodlines. Each winter grew more complicated, and each winter chilled her further. It closed in on her, stealing her breath, tugging at her long moon-kissed locks. It wrapped her in a freezing embrace as if unwilling to ever let her go. It stole her strength, dimmed her light, and as a result, she kept closer to her shop during these months, only venturing out when her supplies would run low, or she needed to visit someone. It's odd how often one could find themselves closed off for superficial reasons. But, she didn't mind these months of quiet, of peaceful times where she could work in her shop, spending her time enjoying these moments of solitude.

After all, not many wanted to venture towards her shop either.

She stretched slowly, eyes closing as she basked next to the fire that was lit behind the counter of her shop. It was tended diligently, warming up the entire shop, the large doors out into the terrace over the lake kept shut and closed down during these months. It warmed the whole shop, and in here, with the bright curtains decorating the walls in soft pale blues and yellows, she could pretend it was summer, it was warm, comforting . . . .

She knew the signs that she was approaching the final 'gift.'

How much longer did she have before Summer would claim her as its' host proper. When she would be endowed with the very essence of the season, her father had once told her that Summer couldn't last long without a champion. At the time, Oberon had been her Champion, but he had wanted to make sure his daughter understood, when it was Caelum's time to take the helm, to rule as the Queen of Summer, she knew what would come with it. It felt sickening as every other gift had descended upon her, and her heart hammered in her chest, knowing soon, that last one would settle over her - and when it did; there would be no escaping the truth - that her parents were dead, and she was the last royal left, a Queen to a kingdom in ruins. Ruins she had caused.

Caelum turned bodily away from the main seating of her shop.

For once, she didn't want to see the warm, summer-themed interior. Thankfully, she was nearing a supply run day anyways. Usually, she'd wait for another weak, but maybe some time in the cold would settle her heart, her thoughts . . . She glanced around her shop, quietly making up a list of just what she might need, before grabbing one of the loose white bolts of cloth that she hadn't gotten around to using as chair covers. It wasn't particularly thick, but it should be enough to provide her with enough protection from the cold to keep her from becoming a fae-shaped popsicle along the way to the main markets, knowing the number of bodies there would provide enough heat once she got there.

She breathed softly before stepping out of the front door.

She took to the air after ensuring that the shop was properly locked up. It was even colder out than she expected, her breath leaving her in cloudy puffs. She shivered, and it wasn't long before she gave up the trek through the sky, the wind too cold, soon pulling her into the snow, where she would trudge forward. She made a face in disgust at the ivory mess. It must have snowed more overnight. Looking around, she pauses at a figure in the distance. She tilts her head briefly, noting the fire and ice being looked familiar. She carefully skirts the distance, delicate wings fluttering briefly before folding delicately over the ivory cloth draped over her body like a shawl. As she neared, her steps slowed, recognizing the stallion the closer she got. Her voice carries over the distance, her tone colored by surprise, even as she shivered slightly in the cold temperatures, "Boleyn?" His name spoken as both a question and a greeting, startled to see him.

She'd seen the occasional glimpse of him.

Typically when she was crossing borders to the other lands, visiting or collecting herbs from elsewhere. It had been often enough to note he seemed to stick close to the edges of Denocte, and from how she'd seen him walking them solo, he didn't seem to travel much with company while patrolling. "It has been quite some time since I believe I had last seen you - I believe at Israfel's coordination." She created, her voice carrying with the same gentle but regal quality she was so known for. Always perfect, always put together. But there's a slight smile to her features, remembering their first interaction, how out of character she'd been when he'd sparked the fire in her soul all those months ago. "I am rather surprised not to see you at the borders, do you not spend most of your days patrolling them? Or was that just an excuse to avoid visiting my teashop - you had promised after all? Where you afraid I would try to poison you?" Her words were delivered with perfect poise, her tone lifting with a playful, teasing edge, even as her smile gentled, soft brown eyes looking at him curiously, her tone gentling into something more serious, "Have you been well, Boleyn?"

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Boleyn
Notes: <3 I missed his character <3 Caelum's just like 'Ah yes, I remember this one.'

if it feels good, tastes good
it must be mine
dynasty decapitated
you just might see a ghost tonight
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
Artificial Suicide - by Boleyn - 01-23-2022, 07:07 PM
RE: Artificial Suicide - by Caelum - 01-23-2022, 07:39 PM
RE: Artificial Suicide - by Boleyn - 01-25-2022, 10:51 PM
RE: Artificial Suicide - by Caelum - 01-25-2022, 11:33 PM
RE: Artificial Suicide - by Boleyn - 01-31-2022, 09:06 PM
RE: Artificial Suicide - by Caelum - 01-31-2022, 11:11 PM